Tell us about your mixed lighting array!

There are a few things to work around. Its goimg to have to buildt from the ground up.

2 Likes

thats why i stick to one kind of lighting. My LED cover far red (IR) and deep violet (uva uvb) all in one package. LED is about to put the final nail in all other lighting systems.

1 Like

Hi Thomas,

your ppfd test picture is a good example how most manufacturer misslead growers/usersā€¦

What they actually have done is, they have weighted the middle part of the area much higher than the areas with lower intensities. 9 measurements in an area of 4 squares in the middle compared to 8 measurements in an area of 36 squares at the edge

In order to get an realistic picture they would have to show ppfd values for each of the 100 squares.

cheers

Christoph

2 Likes

there is no mosleading here. they do live video testimg. check out LED grpw light depot. thet do live videp tests of these lights. Amare is probabally the only legit LED company NOT lying to sell. look into them. Amare that is. you will learm a lot

1 Like

The Spectrum of lighting is key - for sure - is anyone doing any research on dwell time of light on verses light off - our Sunā€™s chemical photon production is consistent and filters by our geography to have a given energy level for the plants chemical factory to use as a driver for production of plant material. Our Manufactured lamps are driven on 50 or 60 hz cycled AC power and even with ballasts are (high speed) flashing photon sources - We have found using alternating phases of the incoming power to light lamps to provide for more of a consistent photo energy source, this is not real research in a double blind sense, just what we have found to increase yield in Grams per kilowatt review of grow rooms, wired in different configurations. - has anyone experimented with frequency of generated power or methods of battery bank power conditioning to view results of more consistent sun like lighting? This may be its own thread?

2 Likes

photon disapation is a big thing. wasted spectrums break down over distance. it takes what 80 something million years for light to reach us from the sun? yet the photons are super strong with little break down.
this is also why i dont like mixing lights. i have observed mutations and strange growth when doing this.

1 Like

this testing is current for a new light coming soon.
Amare is one of the only light companies that actually use a number in the model name, that reflects the actual wattage. My SE 500 UVB is 513w from the wall. it isnt a 500w equiv. many LED manufacturers are very deceptive on marketing. You get what you pay for in lighting. Stick to quality.

1 Like

Hi

the 300,000 km/s 150,000,000 km so like 500 sec = 8min 20 seconds - surface to surface - maybe the internal photon take that long to exit the sunā€™s internal? thereā€™s more I donā€™t know then do for sure, and true A Strong and focused photon to hit right on the molecules and atoms in the Plant that need the energy kick up to allow for chemical combination and for plant product production. I donā€™t know about the types of mutations, yet I sense they are from mismatch of photon energy need to photon energy delivered. lots of fun and interesting science here I would love to learn more about . My question is. Is anybody looking at this?

2 Likes

Thank you for that.
Im not aware of any studies currently. wish i had space and power to waste, id totally be down to try.

1 Like

What do people think about the color mix manufacturers use? More over Yellow and Green. Do you like more or less of these. (prepare for fire and pitchforks im sure)

1 Like

I just got back to Duluth. But, I would be happy to share all the lighting things I have collected since 1982.

I think I have have some of Dr David Von Gauses unpublished work on light in product of horticultural crops, in my library.

Plus, I think Dr. David Trinklein at Mizzu knows more about greenhouse management and controlled environments from both a practical and hard science than any living professor. Stated Trinklein brothers truck farm in the 1950ā€™s.

Msg me and I will send full details.

1 Like

Probably the best. The nature of the beast is a spectrum contains a lot of informationā€¦

Iā€™m curious, have you witnessed a ā€œmistakeā€ when it comes to using the wrong spectrum at the wrong time and what happens to plant growth? Is the whole run diminished or can it be corrected weeks later?

I know that plants actually begin to expect the spectrum they are exposed to first and adjust to it, so iā€™m wondering what youā€™ve experienced when plants get a changing spectrum over time, especially because one small change can mean a lot, especially when light intensity is put into the mix, since sometimes the plant cares about a ratio of color (R/G/B/Y/IR etc) and sometimes it cares about total amount of photons (blue for example)

2 Likes

I was thinking just a standalone website. however this would mean manufacturers would let you configure your spec. thats why i said a added usb port for download upload. then on the shareable site. you can post all emviromental conditions of optimal growth. strain specific. just a thought but prob never happen on a large scale. maybe one or two manufacturers might see the huge interest here. begining to allow us to control the spec.

2 Likes

We are seeing growers have success with a mixed array of HPS and supplementary CMH or LED. However we have found that just straight up ā€œchecker-boardingā€ does not mean that you have the best mix of those two spectrums when it hits your canopy. Growlite has the ability to create lighting layouts that look very asymmetrical from the perspective of where the lights are mounted, but mixed extremely well when it strike the canopy.

3 Likes

Instead of USB as I would like to see TCP/IP based communication IOT. I want to ask each light itā€™s status SMTP or better it tells me. I want to use over the counter routers and switches.

Each light should be controlled in an array with its own relay. Since the relay is mechanical please make end user replaceable.

2 Likes

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for sharing. I have used your informations to wast my time in order to provide a short analysis:

I think you are refering to this device: https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/products/amare-solarbar-sb-800.

And that is also interesting:

grafik

If we use the power output of 880 and multiplicate it with 2.7 Āµmol/J we should reach 2,376 Āµmol/s and not 1,782 Āµmol/s (by the way Āµmol/s are correct here and not Āµmol/J :wink: )

And that is from the same web page:

grafik

Confusing but quite impressive :rofl:

cheers

Christoph

4 Likes

yes this is the new offerimg from Amare. Designed for commercial. I will be revealing one soon on my home grow. 2.5 umol

2 Likes

Why do you allways use umol instead of Āµmol? Does your keyboard donā€™t have the Āµ???

3 Likes

too lazy. to push a extra button.

2 Likes

Are those guys from South Africa (https://www.linkedin.com/company/amare-technologies/) or China? Technology looks like Chinaā€¦

1 Like