Tell us about your mycorrhizae

This thread is to discuss all things mycorrhizae! Do you have a favorite product? Do you prefer a consortium of free loving fungi to supercharge your medium? Are you into a bacchanal of bacteria? Are you a single-species mycorrhizae monogamist or are you into a massive orgy of microorganisms?

How do you feel about trichoderma? Some say trichoderma messes up the bacterial gathering while others claim it mixes up the party! What are your thoughts?

Let’s talk beneficial fungi and bacteria

3 Likes

Funny you bring it up. I use mycorr ALWAYS its a MUST!! it litterly works for every aspect of growing. I usually stick to 4 species. Usually due to price, and volume needed. A company i use alot is https://www.americanrootcompany.com/about
I really like thier product.

I also make LABS here for a serum. Lacticibacillus is great for the plants,people,pets everything. Super simple to make.

4 Likes

I always put our AgraPro Biostimulant and Soil Amendment on everything, whether or not I am adding myco. (They do seem to synergize well!) We work more with fruits and veg, and some need myco supplementing more than others.

4 Likes

A commercial source you may consider exploring if you are all in to mycorrhiza:

5 Likes

In an “modern Potting compost” or a true soil or a inorganic substrate?

My choices change dependent on media and am I in side or outside.

First so true soils for me inside unless i am the person who monitored the pasteurization personally. To many totally screw ups.

In our inorganic substrate like rock wool, foam, scoria, or sand. We were of the opinion giant first inoculation. The weekly.

In true soil in the field just what comes with my transplant.

In modern Potting compost. In part of the feed cycle. At a low added level.

As for which biological fungus for the root zone. We started with a shotgun aproach. But we found temperature and season we could be more targeted in our application.

The most interesting and hard for me to grow are myocines and penicillins. We grew the for cool session application.

General purpose root zone fungus and that a phage can servive in. (Think about this one for awhile).

My two cents.

2 Likes

Tom, why Lacticbacillus and what species? There are no Lactose in any grow substrate I can think of. What are you seeing that I am missing? Do you culture yourself. We use to use butter milk and low pasteurized cream to grab a lacticbaccillus and culture. When it fails you still get great butter, that’s educated. You don’t need much of a centrifuged to separate the bacteria.

I have only used lactose spp in things like milk blood plates for doing things I want to forget about. :zipper_mouth_face:

Ethan.

3 Likes

i culture my own. Maybe ill do a step by step next time i make some. but long story short. Rice wash, let fement. separate the layers. take the middle layer. drop that off into a larger container. fill with raw milk. let fement. remove curds. add sugar to stabilize. then use it in your feed mix. amazing results.

3 Likes

I need picks. I like some microscope slide pics. One blue stained on red stained.

I use one oz of high quality butter milk into one quart heavy cream. Let sit on counter 24 to one week. Use a food processor , put cream in food processor. Save the water and use anyway you wish. The butter left over chill and hard spoon to remove last of water, salt and serve to family.

3 Likes

ill do a step by step guide. prob next month.

3 Likes

@MK3_Pharms,

I use one oz of high quality butter milk into one quart heavy cream. Let sit on counter 24 to one week. Use a food processor , put cream in food processor. Save the water and use anyway you wish. The butter left over chill and hard spoon to remove last of water, salt and serve to family.
[/quote]

3 Likes

mine produces curds. I eat those, put them in my plants, feed them to my pets. after the final step we have 100%live laco serum

3 Likes

I like butter. I hate cheese curd. I Live to close to Wisconsin.

3 Likes

Buwahahahha i probabally just said like the worst thing to someone from your area lol…
Its ok im from LA. all i ever hear is “LA has nothing but salty mids” LOOOOOOOOL

3 Likes

Very very funny. We live in Duluth we go across the Bong bridge to superior Wisconsin once a year. Just to say we did. Yes the bridge is the Bong bridge. The Richard Bong bridge. And he is the developer of the Bong but he died in WW2 and his nephew promoted it. The bridge is real the Bong story is fake.

2 Likes