Terpenene/oil extraction from male plants

One of my AK47 autos turned out to be male, so I have separated it from my female plants.
The male plant has a lot of pollen sacs and I can smell the rich terpenes! Is it possible to , relatively simply, extract those terpenes? I hate to destroy the plant without somehow using it.
I’m new to growing cannabis, so any help is greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

This lady here?

4 Likes

Yes, the one in my posted photo.

4 Likes

That would be a hermed plant. Not male. It doesnt look to have pollen sacs on it.

What i see is foxtailing. Usually when the light is to close or hot on the bud.

4 Likes

hey @ArtVandalay

Decent looking little plant, you sure its a male? Zoomed into the picture and cant see any pollen sacks?

4 Likes

Hey Chris, I may not be correctly identifying the plant, I’m really new to cannabis. It is, however, looking very different from my other plants that already have a lot of the “blooms/whiskers.” Here are two more close up photos.
What kind of cannabis is it? It came from my same package of AK47 Autoflower seeds!

5 Likes

It almost looks like it is full of seeds or some very heavy foxtailing. @PreyBird1 you got any idea what’s going on?

5 Likes

Thay looks seeded and foxtailed. I dont like autos i had one i pollinated and it went ctazy and the whole plant hermied and it pollinated itself. All i did was put a tiny bit of sts pollen on it and poof. Looked kinda like that one in the picture

6 Likes

Thanks! So what can I do with the plant? Is there a way to extract the terpenes or the?

6 Likes

You have to wait until its cured and either make hash or press it or make butter or some sort of extract. Im not a fan of smoking seeded flower once seeds are removed! But definatly usable flower.

4 Likes

The brown area on the bud needs to be removed before extractions, that seems to be bud rot.

2 Likes

And there’s a little alien chilling in your bud:

Screenshot 2022-07-16 at 00.14.58 copy

Screenshot 2022-07-16 at 00.10.09

Idk how I spotted that one.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Looks like a wanker?

3 Likes

Nanner…sloppy index finger pen.

3 Likes

Whoa, good eye! Now, after a good spray with neem oil and spinosad soap, that invader should be ill’n instead of chill’n.

3 Likes

What is that?

3 Likes

When will I know this one is ready to harvest? I have learned how to determine when the regular plants with the white “whiskers” then clumps of buds are ready to harvest, but this one is much different.

4 Likes

Trying to read what @Dog_Fart1 wrote on the picture but it says “nanner” not “wanker” :rofl:

3 Likes

In the roundabout, its the same thing isn’t it.

3 Likes