Terpenes and liquidizers

I am wondering if anyone could help educate me on how to use terpenes and liquidizers… it is the next step in my extraction path… I know what terpenes are… I want to learn how to use terpene isolates etc…

5 Likes

From my understanding reading up on it a little, it seems these are basically natural terpene solvents, instead of using glycerine or something else to keep it liquid or to thin it.

It seems the terpene mix can be made to be almost flavorless or to add a specific terpene flavor profile to a extract.

~MacG

2 Likes

My buddy makes oil with limonium (I know I spelt that wrong too tired to look it up haha) the oil is superb and smooth enough to hit a 2 point dab without choking up a asthmatic (like me :wink: tastes lemony too (not my fav terpine tho) I found a lab that sells all kinds of full terpine profile made from many different types of cannabis

1 Like

Limonene…lol… my favorite is beta-caryophyllene…lol… so if I had distillate and wanted the a certain strain profile add a drop or 2 of the terpene for the flavor… not so much to make it necessarily thin for a vape pen but good for a dab rig…

2 Likes

Ya my buddy does a 50/50 mix I find it adds character to the buzz as well some seem to shorten the buzz but intensify it

1 Like

Our dear friend Otto turned me onto Trueterpenes… but if I can find through a Growers Network affiliate I am in… so who ever tags the link can get the commission…lol…

3 Likes

I think you all should read a post on the ICMAG forum in regards to the co. Trueterpenes.
A few people sent their product to labs for test and found NO terps. in their product.
And in my opinion if this co. is doing shady things, they are all doing it. There are NO regulations in this ind.
Me personally have never liked any of that crap, it taste fake. And really all they are doing is cutting their extracts to make more money.
Just my opinion. To each their own.
ASSOG.

3 Likes

I don’t know nothing about that company, but would certainly do my research before buying anything from them.

Thanks for the heads up.

~MacG

2 Likes

I have had there things… Otto was into them… I need something to keep large quantities of shatter suspended for vaping… Otto swore about their liquidizer… so maybe their liquidizer is just that liquidizer… I know he would have researched that…

3 Likes

I will find the site I found out of that lab in the states that has the 20000000$ set up they are researching Parkinson usage (the leading researcher on the planet Runs the lab I’m sure he’s not ripping ppl off)

1 Like

The extractor he has is two stories tall and takes up a massive room I’m told it’s the largest cannabinoid extractor made to date. They also make terpine extracts of all types . They make hundreds of brands of extracts

1 Like

The dr running it is working on isolating cannabinoids and researching their properties for medical use mostly but funds the research with the profits from the extraction business .also has private funding etc…

2 Likes

Thanks @hoppiefrog … my foremost issue first is how to keep shatter from separating out of my vape juice… if I have to drop PG and use a liquidizer no problem… I would like the same terps as the shatter strain so I don’t confuse the flavour…but it has been so long I don’t remember the strain I bought…lol…

3 Likes

They have a service u can mail a sample to them and they will re create a profile to match it .

2 Likes