Testing by devjyarn

Looking good so far

3 Likes

Back for an update.

My friend’s grow is going along great and the plants have really packed on some size.

Week 3

620 ppm
5.5 - 6.0ph
6" Tall x 6" Diameter
525 Par

Week 4

1040 ppm
5.5 - 6.0 PH
9" Tall x 9" Diameter
595 Par

Plus the addition of a seaweed extract in the nutrients

Week 5

1060 ppm
5.5 - 6.0 PH
15" Tall x 17" Diameter
633 Par

4 Likes

Week 6
1350 ppm
5.5 - 6.0 PH
23" Tall x 17" Diameter (max dia possible)
660 Par

3 Likes

Hey I just noticed u didn’t get a answer , that’s a simple question to answer lol. The roots actually grow from the a wHite flesh just under the bark or skin on the stalk. You can actually increase root ball by shaving back the bark over a larger area than just a 45° cut. You can also just split the stalk with a scalpel

4 Likes

I received my review and testing package in the mail today - 3 business days after confirming my mailing address and paying a couple bucks to broker the package across the border from Grower’s House headquarters in Arizona to me in central Canada. Everything was packaged nicely and arrived in great condition.

The remote ballast is chunky and simple - mount it outside the tent (the included power cord has some decent length) and plug it into your timer and it’s ready to go.
The Sun Systems reflector is light and solid. The bulb holder is mounted tight, the power cord is probably the highest quality I’ve seen on a light fixture - super thick and very flexible - and has more than enough length to accommodate mounting in any tent.
The Philips 930 Elite Agro bulb is a great full spectrum, full cycle bulb. I expect it to perform well. I did, however, notice that the external glass shield which surrounds the inner bulb is loose and has some play to it and can be felt moving. I’m not sure if this is standard for the shield on CMH bulbs. If anyone knows for sure, please chime in and let me know.

I’ve got the fixture hung over my plants in veg right now, covering about a 3’x3’ space. The fixture is happily throwing out 300 - 400 micromoles across the canopy at a distance of 24".

10 Likes

78 posts were split to a new topic: Testing by MK3_Pharms #2

I received my review and testing package in the mail today - 3 business days after confirming my mailing address and paying a couple bucks to broker the package across the border from Grower’s House headquarters in Arizona to me in central Canada. Everything was packaged nicely and arrived in great condition.

The remote ballast is chunky and simple - mount it outside the tent (the included power cord has some decent length) and plug it into your timer and it’s ready to go.
The Sun Systems reflector is light and solid. The bulb holder is mounted tight, the power cord is probably the highest quality I’ve seen on a light fixture - super thick and very flexible - and has more than enough length to accommodate mounting in any tent.
The Philips 930 Elite Agro bulb is a great full spectrum, full cycle bulb. I expect it to perform well. I did, however, notice that the external glass shield which surrounds the inner bulb is loose and has some play to it and can be felt moving. I’m not sure if this is standard for the shield on CMH bulbs. If anyone knows for sure, please chime in and let me know.

I’ve got the fixture hung over my plants in veg right now, covering about a 3’x3’ space. The fixture is happily throwing out 300 - 400 micromoles across the canopy at a distance of 24".

11 Likes

12 Likes

Long time, but this light has been a non stop workhorse as a veg light since I’ve received it.

I’m finally about to move it into its final home in the veg/mom/clone tent that I finished using as a makeshift drying tent. But now we can get things moving along.

6 Likes

It’s minus 40° outside today, and my nose is running in my tent. Haha, so I wouldn’t recommend this light for its heat output.

4 Likes

Burr that’s so serious Canadian winter weather. Do u have a heater u can use?

4 Likes

The 315 is still killing it. I’m pushing these girls really hard in a 2x2 space, about 12" from the bulb and 700 PPFD for 18h a day.

5 Likes

Looking great man when do you flip them in ?

3 Likes

Could put them into any day now. I’m taking a few from each plant to have some clones to pick from. I still need to run the feed and drain lines to my flower area, so maybe this weekend.

3 Likes

Nice ya I thought they must b close.im waiting a week and doing the same ment to hold off on third table but don’t think that’s going to work the way I was hoping lol.munson was a slow vegger for a bit now she’s hit her stride:( bad for my plans good for future use haha;)

3 Likes

It’s always interesting to see how quickly the plants change as they grow. Have you taken cuts from all of your new plants?

3 Likes

This week is the paln b4 i flip them.im stoked during transplanting I got to know them better.THE SMELLS OMGOODNESS. granny is special!! I got everything from hashy smells to crazy dead skunk smell, sweet n sour, and that’s just the grannyskunk…

3 Likes

That’s awesome news! I’ve had seeds from those guys on my list for a while and I’m glad you’re having success with them.

3 Likes

:wink: :rofl::joy::rofl: @hoppiefrog likes to smell grannies… :joy:

2 Likes

They are the best vegging plants I have seen not very hungry so a bit slow but solid as hell and all seeds are acceptable to flower out !!and the smells make .e feel like I’m in highschool and found real bc skunk for the first time …oooooh aaaaaah dank indeed

3 Likes