Testing by devjyarn

They’ll bounce back you have it handled :facepunch: good to know its implemented in my feed schedule with that line I’ll definitely give em a boost if see those signs… What strains are you doing?

1 Like

All from seed, then those plants gave me these clones:
Bottom right is CBDurban Poison.
Bottom left is Orange Chemo #4
Top left is Northern Lights
Top right is Orange Chemo #1

The calcium deficiency starts out as brown spots, almost now more of a “leoparding” of the leaf. Leaf tips will start to curl down. It’ll be worst on leaves that are getting hit directly with light.

The downside is that once a calcium deficiency like this sets in as bad as it has, the plant will never grow as big or strong as it would have without the problem. She’s missing some essential building blocks that she can’t put back after the fact. Veg is super important! A good veg means a great flower, with very little work to do since it was set up for success in veg.

5 Likes

Funny you say a good veg meand a good flower and i agree 100%
My brother grows to 12" and then flowers. I dont like that and i veg and i have better buds. He says he likes a them small like little bonsai trees. But i love to veg them.

1 Like

Spoken like a true pro!! That makes perfect sense!! :call_me_hand::seedling::herb::palm_tree:

Lovin the strains obviously chemo is my fav :call_me_hand: I believe it originated from Canada very heavy indica for pain and nausea appetite loss and all of those suffering from chemotherapy

2 Likes

You got it. I’m in central Canada.

3 Likes

I worked as a budtender years ago on the side at a true medicinal dispensary… It’s amazing how many strains can help truly medicinal patients in different ways… I got my 89 year old grandma taking CBD oil after she just had a heart attack and she tells me how much better she feels Everytime I see or call her

1 Like

It all depends on how much area you’re flowering in, how many plants you’re going to pack into that space, and how long it takes you to grow enough plants big enough to fill that space. If I’m going to grow 1 plant in a 3x3 I might veg it for 10 weeks. If I’m going to grow 10 plants in a 3x3, I might veg them for 3 weeks.

3 Likes

Well i see your point but he was talking a little more extreme. Like right from cloner to flower also and i was thinking what? But hey to each his own. I need to make at least a 1/4lb every 1.5-2 months to keep me and my people in supply. I can supplement for $600. But id rather be making that $600 plus my own free smoke as well. My plants are basically my renter’s.

2 Likes

We can do the math to figure that out. How big is your flower space and how long do you flower for?

4 Likes

My flower area is a 4x4 x 82" but i have a second 4x4 that im using to veg in. I could make 2 flower rooms. I have lots of lights and ballasts and such now. Im really not sure how long i vegged these. There all from seeds. I was just growing to a certain height and then flowering to where its below the light still. Let me go back and look into how longs its been.

2 Likes

I’m going to average the dried yield to 40g/ft².

In a 4x4 you should be able to harvest 640g. That’s nearly 3lbs when you harvest both spaces.

How many harvests you get depends on how long your genetics take to flower.

How often you harvest affects how many plants you need to keep in veg, and clone, and how many moms.

But at the small scale, it’s making sure you’ve got enough vegged plants to fill your flower space as soon as its harvested and cleaned.

4 Likes

Ahh im trying to time my cloning to this kind of rate. I want to perpetually grow and im trying practice from seed to harvest and clone to harvest. I was having issue with cloning then i did some stupid things and accidentally killed all my clones. In the turbo cloner the folier spray i accidentally sprayed on them fried them and they ended up dying. But i have another batch running now and i figured out i was having a water temp issue that was causing slow as hell root development. Now i have a seedling heatmat under my turbo cloner and there doing so much better this time.

2 Likes

Im at 10 months from seed.

3 Likes

The plants are still going perfectly well in their 315w home. Just stretched a soft mesh net across to begin giving the plants some shape. They’re filling out a 3x3 area very nicely as we go into week 3 of veg. The plants will be rotated and moved around to give them as even of light as they can get. When the plants get too large to get good light from the CMH I’ll switch over to my LED to finish out veg and fill the canopy completely.

7 Likes

Isn’t that a bit long? Is it a mother for clones? How long can you keep a mother?

2 Likes

I’m guessing @PreyBird1 meant 10 weeks from seed? Mothers can be kept for a year or more without too much work. Some people only keep their moms around for 3-6 months, using plants that looked great in veg as the new mom.

3 Likes

Well, my bulb is broken. I noted in the first post that the bulb had a bit of a rattle on delivery, so I’m guessing it just happened to be a defective bulb and that these lights don’t only last for 3 weeks, haha.

I’ll look into getting a replacement, but in the meantime I’ve got them vegging under my 640 Watt LED.

6 Likes

Damn. I had a box get crushed in shipping and i just so happened to be where the bulb was in the box. Popped all the bubble wrap and the carton the bulb was in was all smashed. Growers house was able to send me another one with out having to send it back because the glass hadnt broken. That sucks but they will fix you up. I like my 400 watt MH to veg. I have a 600 MH also and a 1000 watt HPS

1 Like

Lol sorry these plants are 78 days! I must have been High. Ohh and right at that moment when i sent that last reply. the powerline transformer across the street exploded! we had bad wind and rain. HOLY SHIT my power is down lucky it went off just before my timer so only 30 sooner. I was more worried about turbo cloner having no water flow. I hope my plants in the turbo cloner dont die. Yea the fixed the power in 4 hrs. But i have to check the timers and temps to make sure its all ok.

3 Likes

Hopefully they’ll get it fixed real quick!
All the best to you!

2 Likes