Testing by hoppiefrog

Im starting out with 3.5 gal pots and will transplant into 25-30 gal grow bags. I just sterilized the pots and will be transplanting today.(i think i screwed up my plumbing haha with bark mulch) i got the pots for free lol

2 Likes

How many plants per 30 gal bag?

2 Likes

Lol one vegged for 7 -10 weeks

2 Likes

I was doing some reading and listening about growing in large soil beds rather than individual pots, and people say that the plants grown together are bigger and healthier than ones grown on their own. Something about the large root system being able to signal the microbes, maybe? Soil isn’t my strong suit.

5 Likes

Yes plants cant maintian certain microbial communities with a single plant .i plan to do beads of living soil next;)

6 Likes

Booo Monsanto :-1::biohazard: Scott’s is owned by the :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

I finished transplanting all girls finally haha. I actually didn’t get any tangilope lol. Oh well roll w the punches the cheesequake was impermeable to mold anyway so growing beside lvpk bx thats probably a good thing shes prone to mold:( i prob wont run lvpk bx again. So i changed my mind im using cheesequake for my trials w the cmh. I want healthy plants to compare.tks subcool for the tough genes;) i really like her structure as well.

4 Likes

the lvpk bx are angry …

8 Likes

I rencently bought some led and have (in the short term) been disappointed. My experience has been with MH and HPS. What does this system run price wise?

3 Likes

Ceramic MH 315w Low Profile Stealth Package this is the one @hoppiefrog is testing, and this is the one I’ve got to test, Ceramic MH 315w CMH Optimum Performance Package
They’re a bit cheaper than running a similarly powered LED and the spectrum is great.

4 Likes

For me that is more affordable then taking chances with led. HID systems have been tried and proven. Here is what I have started in flower a week ago and I’d just hate for it to not be as good as it could be due to my lights. I’ve got my VPD all dialed in and made a c02 generator. This is 2 mendo and a green crack and zucchini in a 4x4 growing with royal gold soil and aurora innovations soul player pack.

7 Likes

Always make sure you know how much light your plants are actually getting. I’ve never had luck using blurple LED recommended heights and growing areas. This guy does has a nice hack for using an android phone as a quick and dirty PAR meter. I’ve checked it on my Samsung note 9 and compared against a Sun Systems par meter and dividing the Lux by about 100 is a good estimate.

8 Likes

Not to sound cruel, but you bought the wrong type of led

Qb led is what you want, you won’t be disappointed

7 Likes

I have the dimmer on veg at 50% cause the bloom and veg wires are backwards and the cob light is hooked up to the veg lights. So what says bloom is actually the blue lights and what says veg is really the bloom lights. I’m gonna take them apart this weekend and switch the two wires so I’ll have the cob with the red leds. Or should the cob light be on veg only? I figured you’d want the cob and bloom to be together. I also threw in the 3000k 2’ t5 lights to make myself feel a little better. I knew the chance I was taking when I got them. They where $75 a pop so I wouldn’t be totally disappointed if they sucked. I’m looking into financing some decent lights otherwise with a family I wouldn’t beable to get something good to make this time. After buying the LED I see why my pops and grandpa stuck with HPS and MH. I haven’t heard of the QB. Quantom board? Sorry man, I’m not much for acronyms lol

1 Like

So it says led and HPS. You don’t suppose MH would be there too?

If that is a blurple, you should have both veg & bloom lights on the entire grow :wink:

Yes, QB = Quantom Board

4 Likes

First is both 100% and second is the original from this morning.

9 Likes

Looking good!! @hoppiefrog

3 Likes

The girls are coming around a bit now i have to get them back under the lights today (i give them 48hrs to get over transplanting before i give them too much light) ill take pics when i sweep and put them back in the laundry room (clone& early veg room now;)

6 Likes

Looking fwd to those pics buddy :wink:… Great advice too!

1 Like