Testing - field, site, lab

Interesting article that just came out on this topic:

The lab is being accused of inflating THC numbers to make their customers happy and under-reporting on contamination. Will be interesting to see what comes of this investigation.

4 Likes

Is everyone here familiar with “Lightlab” its a cheap portable LC-MS unit that gives accurate numbers on ~5 in few minutes? Cost in consumables is $6/sample run. The education needed to run it is very minimal, it can be trained in an easy procedure to a person without a chemistry background. Reliable to within 5% of the reported value, meaning a 20% THC by weight has an uncertainty range from 19-21%. That’s pretty accurate for consumer level numbers and great for in house testing needs.

Tell them I sent you.

2 Likes

That seems a lot better than the results people have been getting from the MyDx unit. How expensive is the Lightlab device @marco, do you know?

2 Likes

I think prices are not currently fixed or if so not publicly stated, but word on the street is under 15k

4 Likes

That’s not bad. Might be something a collective of growers could pitch in together and purchase for situations like @caribbeangreen where they don’t have a choice of labs to go to.

3 Likes

That’s about what I’d expect for a portable device such as that. I’ve been trying to tell people that good, accurate machines aren’t as cheap as a laptop. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Full disclosure, I am the President and Co-Founder of this company. Our passion is to democratize and bring lab grade chemical analysis (Potency, Terpene and Solvent Screening) in-house and put valuable data in the hands of growers and extractors.

For what its worth. And not trying to be overly “pitchy” as I stand behind everything I say… Our company [https://ionizationlabs.com/](http://Ionization Labs / Cann-ID) with The Cann-ID turn-key potency testing solution is one of the most simple to operate, accurate, reproducible solutions available in the market today. Cann-ID is an award-winning potency testing solution. [Top Honors @ National Hemp Expo.]

Cann-ID can be configured for stationary on-site or outfitted for mobile. We utilize the only gold-standard for potency testing, HPLC and wrote a powerful and simplified software to allow for even basic tech skilled user operators. Our sample prep process and chemistry is produced in-house, offering the most consistent / non-variable platform, giving accurate and consistent results over and over.

Happy to DM with you to answer any questions.
D. Cree Crawford, Ccrawrord@ionziationlabs.com

2 Likes

In response to the article about testing anomalies in Washington, Oregon is totally out of control. How can bud have a higher THC value than kief? Does anyone here believe that bud can really be over 40% THC? There are so many ways to cheat the test that any claim about approved procedures, etc. is so much BS.

2 Likes