Testing grounds. Need advice

ROUND TWO! Before I go all out on some Photo seeds or plant my Auto’s I recently got. ( Critical Orange Punch by Dutch Passion ) I figured I would test out the Soil/Mediums realm as I have only ever grown once in DWC. I have some Jilly Bean seeds from an unknown source that I have been sitting on for some time for this reason. Currently I’ve got one Jilly that seems to be clawing and yellowing slightly ( at the tips and pigment of green ). I think I had been watering a little to much to start after sprouting as well as adding nutrients to soon and/or to much. I cut way way way back on my watering times, making sure to check that soil better along with weight. I am using FoxFarm trio in the Ocean Forest soil. I plan to swap nutrients once this batch is gone. Should I continue to feed only PH balanced water until clawing subsides or does it seem like the underlying issue lies elsewhere? Humidity floats between 40-60%, temp around 69-78 degrees. I have two SF-1000’s floating above.

6 Likes

Hi @ziggyco

It could be a number of reasons, one you have addressed, over-watering, but could be under watering to, nutrient deficiency, or light burn. How close are your lights to your plants?

1 Like

They are 20in exactly from the plants, I think I notice a slight difference. I just watered ph balanced, no nutrients today. It looks like it might have gotten slight nutrient burn on one or two leaves?

2 Likes

Yeppers not all children require the same vitamins growing up.

1 Like