Thc removal of thc from cbd oil

I made some cbd oil at home but want to extract the thc from the oil.Is this possible and can you remove it from the plant in the process.

1 Like

Welcome to GN! Here is a video that may answer your question.

2 Likes

Um imma gonna say i dont know. Unless your a lab? But i dont mess arount to much @bullfrog420 would probably know more as he makes extracts of non thc varieties.

2 Likes

Usually the thc in high cbd is so low it barely registers and is not illegal but I’m pretty sure to remove the thc would be some kind of chemical to break it down

1 Like

Thats not so true tho bud. I test for thc in literally dozens upon dozens of different strains and thc is always there, just at different amounts. The grower is a huge factor in the amounts as well. For example: I got T1 cbd clones from guys I know. They have grown it for multiple years now and never broke .01 thc delta 9. I got the clone and grew them out and all of mine test hot at .09 thc delta 9. Same plant thats never tested hot for these guys never tests legal for me.

4 Likes

Whats up brother!

What your wanting to know is called remediation. You will need lab equipment to do this. As well as a different solvent like Pentane.it is used to basicaly turn your product into pure isolate in crystal form.
I know people that say you can make distilates and have all the thc removed too, however, in my experience being as cbd and thc only have an approximate 4 degree difference…you will have to do some type of remediation to make it pure form cbd isolate. If you are getting into extractions amd solvents, research more on using pentane, hexane, butane, or even Critical co2 extracting. Im not a co2 fan personaly, but thats just me. Lol hope that helped a little.

WHATS GOING ON PREYBIRD!!! How you doing today brotha???

1 Like

Well man. Trying to figure out wtf to do with these huge plants

1 Like

Hahahahaha better to have that problem then not have any of the giant plants! Hahahaha

3 Likes

Damn.

Got to put this Hps 1000 watt in here.

3 Likes

Hahahaha love that beast of a cola growing straight up on that front left plant. Hahahaha how will those not grow up i to your lights!!! Hahahahaha

1 Like

I had to lower the plant off the gridding. Its gotten bigger and its stacking like crazy.

@bullfrog420

4 Likes

Wow! Is that the slapz or the Amnesia lemons?

1 Like

No its a lemon haze auto flower. Its 6’ tall! Its a monster!

1 Like

I’m impressed, I’ve never seen an auto that big! I’ve been following that thread. I’m probably going to head to Chitown seeds to see if their in stock! Lol!

2 Likes

Hahahaha thats a beast bro!!!

1 Like

how old is that auto Prey ive never seen one so tall. Look at the size of the cola

1 Like

I just set the spectrum to autumn. @LasVegas7 26 days days old!