The Canna Chefs

Thought of making a generic cannabis foods topic so we can share not only our minds and hearts about growing cannabis but also our stomachs. We have two budding growers on here who are actually chefs @mavsherbs and @chefjonnyg. I am sure there are lots more. Lets ask questions, share recipes and fire up our kitchens with cannabis.

6 Likes

Ok I will fire off with some recipes we make weekly at home. My partner does most of the cooking these days, and I spend time behind the computer managing and modding GN. We also have an amazing baker and cheesemaker in our local village and I get to come up with some crazy recipes sometimes.

So for me it always starts with cannabutter or a coconut oil infusion. I dont really worry about dosage, and love a good donkey kick every now and again. I was fortunate enough to have Marc Emery over for two nights about a year ago. Made some lovely edibles, some hash and flowers. He was very cautious with the edibles, so it just meant more for me and MJ.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BubSW2Bggo-/

Funny enough my partner MJ has been making some cannabis muffins with coconut infused oil. Nothing like space cakes. What are some of your recipes?

Our base ingredient is generally always hulled hemp seeds they are delicious and nutricious. You can cook with them, grind them down with water to make milk or sprinkle them on smoothies and salads.

I also found this book in a 2nd hand book store about 12 years ago, The Galaxy Global Eatery Hemp CookBook by Denis Cicero. It has hundreds of great recipes for hemp.

4 Likes

Sounds good to me :hocho:

3 Likes

That’s a super good idea. Here’s a recipe that I had shared already in my journal, but let’s group them all in one place! :wink: It is not from me, but came from a wonderfull cookbook :

Shaman’s Tincture by Andie Leon
Andie Leon’s shaman in Ecuador uses this tincture for healing rituals and often adds rosemary, cinnamon, and other medicinal plant roots to the infusion.
Andie’s method calls for decarboxylating an ounce of cannabis flowers for forty-five minutes in a low oven, grinding them with a mortar and pestle, and letting them soak in spring water overnight.
The next day, Andie combines the cannabis and water with vodka or tequila in an airtight jar and puts it in a cool, dark place to infuse for ten to twelve days.
Andie shakes the tincture every day as it macerates, a daily ritual that reminds her to give thanks for the cannabis plant’s many gifts.
Makes about 2 cups
THC per cup: 27 milligrams
1 ounce (⅛ cup) cured organic cannabis flowers, finely ground
1 cup spring water
1 cup high-quality vodka or tequila (100 proof)
mortar and pestle
fine mesh strainer cheesecloth airtight glass jar or bottle
Preheat oven to 200°F.
Place cannabis in single layer on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
Use a mortar and pestle to grind cannabis to Mason jar.
Make sure liquid completely covers cannabis.
Seal with a tight-fitting lid. Store in a cool, dark place for 10–12 days.
Shake daily. After 12 days, line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth and place over a bowl, wide-mouth jar, or measuring cup.
Pour tincture through strainer to strain out cannabis. Twist cannabis with cheesecloth, squeezing out every last drop. Compost cannabis solids. Pour into clean jar and seal tightly. Label and store in a cool, dark place.

7 Likes

@chrisj I see you already made a thread! I’m at work all day today but eventually I’ve got to go home and I’ll share some recipes!

5 Likes

Awesome, look forward to reading them in the morning. I will also share some more groovy recipes, glad you found this post.

3 Likes

Chef Jonny Gs’ tancture

All sugar leaf trim and small buds. Decarboxylate in a 210° oven for 50 minutes
Cool down to room temperature. Add everclear to trimmings in a glass jar with a lid up to the level of trim. Wait 2 weeks shaking everyday.
Cannasugar:
Mix two cups of sugar with one 1.5 cup of tancture. Spread on a baking sheet. Put oven to lowest setting around 190°. Bake stirring every 10 minutes for approximately 50 minutes

9 Likes

Here’s a helpful Thc/Cbd dosage calculator for your edibles… :wink:
https://wakeandbake.co/thc-dosage-calculator

And a chart from Leafly :

8 Likes

Will you have it tasted the more in food or if its mixed in a drink or liquid? curious

1 Like

Here’s another nice recipe :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Oh love it, must not let my partner see this. Something I love is hash and chocolate, if you get it right it tastes like minty spicy chocolate. Nice share.

3 Likes

Well, since you like chocolate and cannabis, here’s another one :

:wink:

7 Likes

Fya burn, I dont have access to truffles but have had them decades ago. Girlfriend just shared some chocolate with me, so off to bed we go. Have a big writing day ahead. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

And here’s some recipes (and at the same time, a few websites) for some basic ingredients for cooking :

https://www.starbuds.co/blogs/cannabis-infused-olive-oil

I heard about some people using a good tablespoon of canna butter in their coffee… Myself, I prefer to use infused coconut oil, makes for an interesting day!

Also, for the canna butter : A chef I respect a lot once told me that 2 hours is enough for infusing the butter. More than that and you get more of that chlorophyl taste… (if you agree with that, it came from her. If you don’t agree with it, it’s probably my fault for not understanding properly… but I trust her completely on that subject!)

Please use responsibly!

9 Likes

Yes and no, it also depends on the quality of the flower to, and at what temperature. I usually do mine for 4 hours at the lowest setting on my slow cooker, think it’s like 160°, just smoked so the temp may be more or less. I use the best I can get my hands on to retain the highest quality oil or butter

3 Likes

wow very nice recipes …

2 Likes

I’d love to get your gummy recipe @bobette! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Just made some cannabis popcorn at 12:30am. Nice and easy, possibly looking at attempting making some cannabis chocolate next.

3 Likes

I’d love to see some more vegan recipes. Does anyone have a good one for making a cooked/baked vegan dish?

4 Likes

Cant agree more @fry. My girlfriend is veganish and always making things in the kitchen. She keeps me doped up. I will ask her for some easy recipes. But what I really love about cannabis is how versatile it is and can be used in almost any dish adding nutrition and a unique taste.

2 Likes