The Reality of Bad Business

4 Likes

Lol and i struggle to sell a pack at 40 bucks. hahahha. and why in the hell would you buy feminized if spending that kinda cash?

2 Likes

They were marketed as femenized and high CBD, but ended up being neither. This ended up damaging not only the buyer, but surrounding farms. This is why proofing of claims is needed. Everyone wants a fast buck, but if your product doesn’t match your claims, you will likely be sued at this point.

Also, this is why I have trust issues.

4 Likes

Can comfirm this should be a thing. Yet there isnt any way to know till you grow. none atleast i know or could afford

2 Likes

For example. Many of my stock seeds come from out sourced projects or other farms. My long term relationship with certain large scale breeders. Has brought me many varities. Some i have personally grown. Some I havent. I probabally would never get through my personal stock. Let alone business stock. The point here is the seeds you buy, you hope are legit. Im sure some people in this business either. A : are just out right crooks or B: they were sold it under that name. So my point is, due to a long term relationship with my breeders. I fully trust them with new product. I also trust them for the projects i out source. Loads of kids nowadays just slinging beans. Not even knowing what they are.

speaking of this. i intentionally bought a pack of mixed seeds. Something like 6 strains. 20 seeds. I know what the strains are. So when they get here. Lets play a game shall we?

1 Like

It really isn’t that expensive to get genetic testing done. Phylos can tell you male or female, send in 100 representative seeds and test for the Y chromosome. They should also be able to look at the number of gene repeats for CBDA synthase on chromosome 6 and compare it to known high yielding plants. I don’t think this is one of their services, but it is possible. 88 M/F tests cost $875.60, pretty cheap assurance, 1-2 days for results, this service is on the menu.

1 Like

Well male and female testing is one thing. Knowing the genetic code to the strain your sold. Is totally different right?

2 Likes

The gene sequence and location are known, it wouldn’t take much to target it and analyze the prevalence of that gene within that chromosome. The prevalence will related back to potency.

I may be having this conversation with a genetics lab soon, if so, I’ll let you know if it is possible and how much it costs. :wink:

2 Likes

@BenMGC may be able to help here…

1 Like

Sequencing and genetic trait analysis is on the menu, now we just need a cost. I hope @BenMGC chimes in.

1 Like

So it would be really cool to be able to have every strain tested to confirm what they actually are. im super im support of this

1 Like

It’ll get there. Definitely a good way to speed up the selection process for breeding without having to do full grow outs.

2 Likes

So while i was walking just now. I was thinking about this. So there would have to be some acceptable genetic drift in the classifaction of each specimen. Meaning “Well known breed X” who is known for X strain. Is his the only acceptable version? What happens if i use the same Parents to make my version. Assuming each and every plant has a established code. Wouldnt each pheno used in breeding have its own twist that makes it unique? Whos version is correct? Do the versions carry a specific number to identify it? While it migt be considered strain X -2334 . Does the big name guy get -001. I hope this makes sense. Doesnt this bring us closer to patented strainage?

1 Like

Go look at the Phylos Galaxy, plug in any cultivar, select Genotype Report, look at all of the cuts with different names. Some cultivars have a dozen names with nothing seperating them genetically (inner ring), and then 1 degree of separation, sister, (outer ring). You can also look at the Galaxy and see everything remotely related to it. Also, look at various farms’ version of the same cultivar name, sometimes they are all the same, but often times they are drastically different genetic families.

2 Likes

I think i saw that before. It was quite interesting. Ive actually been charting all of my genes recently. Im working on some really cool stuff.

2 Likes

Did you know you can use the test papers for an at home THC test kit. You can actually do a simple basic titration with $20 kit. If you open the pakcke just right. You can get ten test from one strip. Just use the old blue dilution scale for pH had titration. It gives you bracket dilution. Us that crazy nih database. Find the licensed profiles. You have a bench mark. The paper on THC test sensitivity from the DEA is a wealth of information. There are two papers on there site. Also FDA regulates the THC test kits don’t want any false positives. Not my boy.

Easy I think some one wrote a one page. I think it’s on sousweed. It works :see_no_evil:

From those pesky voices in my head
Ethan :upside_down_face: