The Top 3 Cannabis Pathogens that Plague Cannabis Cultivators

The latest blog on our CannMed website explores common cannabis pathogens. Which pests, pathogens, or diseases give you the most trouble?

https://cannmedevents.com/2019/07/01/the-top-3-cannabis-pathogens-that-plague-cannabis-cultivators/

2 Likes

Great topic!

You name it, I’ve dealt with it as a grower or consultant. They all pretty much suck!

-Powdery mildew is like a plague lurking in the shadows waiting to decimate your crop. Even when you think you’ve knocked it out, a little humidity spike causes it to manifest all over again!

-Mites are insidious little demons that are seemingly impossible to completely eradicate.

-Aphids have 16 stages of life. They take on a myriad of different unique forms as they make their way through life, one of which is the “crawler”. Sounds like a damned zombie to me. Here’s the kicker: in the final stage, these little monsters sprout freakin’ wings and begin to fly so they can lay eggs all over your crops and begin this vicious evil cycle all over again.

End rant.

Thanks for getting my blood pressure up with this topic, @BenMGC!

@GrowOpEmployees, @growopowners, @mastergrowers: what are your least favorite pests and why? What horror stories have you got to share? Likewise, what triumphs over scourge might you want to share?

1 Like

Russet mites can be devastating. They dig into plant tissue and can’t be killed. We had a small infestation of 13 out of 256 plants I removed the plants infested then brought our room to 120 degrees for an hour which killed any russets on the move. Problem averted. Be sure your plants are well hydrated if you use this process.

3 Likes