Greetings one and all. The project is continuing fine as is my internet access is continuing to suck ALL of the ass right out of the atmosphere. However I got the new modem sitting before me but must wait for the next spell of clarity to hit before I can actually plug it in and make it anything more than a drink coaster, which it is as I write this. Hey, its at least functional ATM, more than I can say about me of late.
While posting pictures right now thru my phone is a cast-iron bitch in shorts, I can share the sum total of the daily routine for the grow. This routine will remain the same for the next 6 weeks (tomorrow is the end of the third week of bloom, placing it near the end of stretch) and barring disaster (natural or otherwise) we get to see one of the more interesting phases of trellis growing, clipping the end product from the trellis at harvest time. It is at this moment that what was actually going on in the grow becomes revealed; be prepared to be shocked, amazed and amused, it will all be there.
For one thing you will find limbs that may be 18 inches long or better but are no thicker (or stiffer) than 18 inches of string, branches that normally would not have a chance in hell of holding themselves up, even if they had no buds at all. What you WILL find however is these normally limp and useless limbs with full, round and solid buds for you to harvest. In fact I would say that harvesting a trellis can be very deceptive when you look at it and try to estimate how long it will take, mostly because you keep finding budsites in places where there simply normally arenn’t any so you don’t expect them…
The other sort of interesting thing to me anyways was, while I did tie down most if not all of the limbs that were initially big enough to do so, Beth and I are always kinda tripping when we go to get this off of the trellis and find that in addition to the ones we tied down, the plant itself trellised a good number of limbs! You will find they became more like ivy I think and actually weave themselves in and our of the chicken wire and not always in the direction of light and/or gravity…the times we have seen it it was so unexpected and our hands were full harvesting that we never took a pic, but this time around I promise it will be here bcause I can already see it happening in places and by my clock we have 6 weeks to go, give or take…
But I promised the day-to-day…well, the day-to-day for this is no more complicated than any Hempy setup.
My Daily Grow Chores:
- Open both tents, start music, preferable some Satch.
- After a quick scan to make sure nothing horrible happened in the night (who doesn’t have those feelings?) I use a turkey baster to siphon out any residual liquid that had drained into the clear plastic dishes the Hempy buckets sit in.
- Open the bloom nutrients; if low, make some and balance pH.
- Stick 1 gallon of nutrients into each Hempy (8 total)
- While waiting for drain, make any adjustments to the rigs, plants or lighting. The plants can start to grow in ways where I can see them crowd each other or something and so I kind of “comb” the limbs down and back to the trellis, tying them down if needed. I have a 100ft roll of that green wire hanging in a dispenser between the tents, just for this purpose.
- Anything that is draining, siphon off excess with turkey baster and dispose of in a bucket in each tent for the purpose.
- Any plants not draining yet get another half gallon each, followed by a 5 minute wait (I can always find something to fool with in the plants, cant you?) and then go to 6.
- Once all are draining and have been drained, shut off the tunes, zip of the tents and go have a doobie.
Only real deviation to this is once a week instead of nutrients I have another smaller rez handy of plain, clear, pH balanced water. This I use to flush the plants as well as I can. I am still getting used to the Hempy bucket thing and last time around I had some that seemed to be starving in bloom yet had penty of water/food but drank none of it. Needed a flush, had some lockout but regardless afterwards I flushed them and immediately they ate and came back to life. Problem: solved. Now once a week I do a flush.
So this is my day, my week and basically any time I am not either starting a new crop, trying a crop down or doing a harvest, I am doing this which is damned-near nothing which is precisely what I was shooting for. Being a Fuck-off while still delivering a quality product is a skill like any other…
Lets see what I can throw up here…OK me doing my part with my mask…