The worst mistake

Hey! What’s the biggest mistake a new cannabis grower can make?

3 Likes

Water too much or harvest too early.
:v:

6 Likes

How do you avoid harvesting too early? What do you specifically look for?

2 Likes

First off I’ll watch the pistils to see how they change / colour / recede.
When about 70% of them have receded then I’ll get my loupe and start checking the trichomes for cloudy. I look for mostly cloudy with approx 10-15% amber.
I find if I let them go much further than the 15% then I get couch lock weed and can’t get anything done.

Some like a bit more amber. Some prefer a bit less.
Depends a bit on the strain and the users desired effects.

:v:

7 Likes

I think the biggest problem new growers have is over enthusiasm. Too much nutrient and water. I think the biggest lesson is have patience is use the principle less is more. Less water or less frequent waterings - roots will stretch and have access to more air.

Another thing is doing a proper “business” plan with your grow setup. I see lots of people starting off and spending alot more bucks than they initially intended. Writing a plan that includes your setup and operating costs. Even a small tent with LED’s can cost over $2000 so unless you have an unlimited cashflow budgeting is a good idea.

This is a cool complete grow setup from growerhouse.com with a cloning/seedling and flowering chamber for under $2000.

SuperCloset - LED SuperStar - LED Stealth Grow Box
SuperCloset LED Stealth Grow Boxes are the Award Winning Complete Fully Automated Hydroponic Cabinet Systems that Come with Everything You Need to Effectively Grow Indoors. The SuperCloset hydroponic grow cabinet truly takes the Guesswork Out of Growing. Give us a call at GrowersHouse (855) 289-1441 for our lowest shipping rate direct to your door! SuperClosets are built-to-order, and can take up to 2 weeks before they ship. Click here

3 Likes