Tip of the day: email notification settings

By default, your email settings on this community will send you the following:

• A daily summary email that shows you topics and popular posts since your last visit
  • Notifications for replies in any discussion in which you’ve posted
  • Anytime someone mentions you using the @ symbol (e.g. @nicholas)
  • Anytime someone sends you a private message through the community

You can change those email preferences as follows. Click on your avatar in the upper right to open the drop-down and select the gear icon to go to your Preferences:

On the Preferences page, scroll down to the Email section:

As an example, if you want to receive weekly summary emails instead of daily, you can change that in the Activity Summary section drop-down. You can change any of the other email settings to alter how and when you get notification emails for various activities. If you have any questions about how any of those behave just post a reply to this topic and I can go into more detail.

If you want to receive more frequent emails such as email notifications for new topics as they are created, you can do that within each category on the community. For example, if you want to be notified right away when there’s a new topic started in the Growing category, go to that category and click the drop-down to the right of the New Topic button:

The default setting is Normal, which means you are notified when your name is mentioned using the @ symbol or there’s a reply to one of your posts.

Select Watching First Post and you’ll start getting an email every time there’s a new topic started in the Growing category. If you want to be notified for everything single post in every topic, then select the Watching option.

Please let me know if you have any questions about any of these settings or need help getting things setup the way you prefer. I’m happy to help you adjust things to your liking.

2 Likes