Tips on marketing CBD crop - lab tested - greenhouse - Taste quality high

Can anyone suggest how to locate a premier smoke buyer for Specialty CBD products?
We have the greenhouse side down - we have a premier product that would be a shame to send to the bulk distillery. Perhaps a Boutique Smoke Shop?
We run quality greenhouse operations with very specific clones for CBD. Government inspected in Colorado high altitude mountains. Big attention to Colorado Certified Labs for organic, no pesticides, no heavy metals, and high quality care. We follow all regulatory process.
The big difference: This is cherry gum flavored selected hand harvested. The CBD is double digits with THC limits very well below the requirements. We really got it right.
The bulk products on the farm go to a private distillery with high CBD content.
The selection for this small leaf is for high quality taste premier smoke. We either need to get a cigarette roller or find a smoke ship vendor that appreciates high-quality taste with very high CBD lab results. Batches of hundreds of pounds.
There is nice quality, then there is high quality. We feel the process is perfected and like tobacco, there is some speciality market available. Suggestions on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

We have some people here who can help you broker your crops. @cannabisbuyer is a regular contributor to our community and this is exactly her forte. Other members here can be of assistance too :+1:

How much biomass do you expect to be working with, @tesla3d?

I definitely have some buyers for you here in the Southwest. PM to see if I can help you make some connections :evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

That was quick, I just stepped out for a moment.
It is a small operation 6 greenhouses that could double by year end.
Over three years experience with specific high quality for developing mother plants at higher altitudes.
The bulk we choose a distillery as the CBD content is high, don’t want it mixed in with average field quality.
This is a first batch of the latest genetic for Boutique Smoke shops - whatever that becomes.
This selected batch is the first, cured and processed to be rolled.
Today: 150 pounds maybe 300 pounds.
We were busy harvesting bulk, will have exact amounts later.
The next batch of clones are at the point we could begin to make decisions for bulk vs hand trim for Boutique. If we found a perfect market, that could be in the tons per each quarter,.
The owner asked me to find an assembly line cigarette rolling machine. But, my feeling is that if a quality company wanted to put their on brand logo, we should check first.
Thanks much for the assistance.

2 Likes

Medicinal only smoke, you say? You may be on to something here.

I recently went to WeedCon West in Bel-Air, California and this B2B event had a large percentage of vendors from Northern California. Since your product could be transported across state lines, perhaps should attend the next event in November if not others in your area.

weedconwest.com

2 Likes

Most all of the cultivators I encountered are becoming vertically integrated into manufacturing and even opening up dispensaries. Lowell is opening up a restaurant in West Hollywood. Interesting times.

Sounds like you are considering manufacturing yourself.

2 Likes

I hope to find someone that perhaps has a joint roller already with customers. A large joint roller 5,000 / hour can cost upwards of $20K plus the labor and facility. My client is no longer a startup. The the process unique genetic seeds selected for growing mother plans to create clones along with the rest of the process is well in place now. For the time and effort to try and set up rolling, name branding, labor, … the land is set up where two or three more hoop houses that are later converted to green houses in stages could be producing tons. If we can’t find the right people at the right price, then we may have to do it ourselves.
The flavor is special, its mild, and the high potency CBD smoking is immediate and noticeable.
We can provide full labs for chain-of-custody and they can be shipped state-wide.
My client can also provide potted clones with the exact layers in the pot of nutrements. So for example, if the Boutique Smoke chain wanted your greenhouse to grow and supply locally we could ship live plants anywhere too.

Convention would be nice. In the mean time we are producing product and hope to find someone sooner.
Thanks again for your help and direction. Your site has come in handy on greenhouses.

2 Likes

IMO, I’m looking for a human being to sell me their goods. Costco, WalMart, Walgreens, etc., are pass-tense metaphors in this current retail cycle. One thing that this era has apparently forgotten, that cannot be replaced by Artificial Intelligence or robot, is the activity of an individual salesperson or manufacturers representative. I want to but my medicine from a human being, not a vending machine! (No shade intended)
Sales, traditionally, are paid with commissions and might allow a human being to actually live on what they can earn rather than some billionaire’s chump change.

Thank you @Growernick! @tesla3d Robert, it’s Angella from www.cannabisbuyer.com & www.hempbuyer.com. I’d love to talk with you about your client/you and learn more. We can help with a hemp cigarette manufacturer. For many, it made since to outsource this service. Additionally, we service many vape shops with smokable flower and have regular requests from distributors.
I look forward to connecting with you.

Namaste,
Angella
COO
www.cannabisbuyer.com

info@hempbuyer.com