Tobacco Road

So the FDA is banning menthol cigarettes and flavored cigars. Is that not government overreach? I feel a class action lawsuit coming

5 Likes

Naw. It’s all good yo. Just folks stirring the pot. Remember don’t trust em. Yep all of them lol

3 Likes

Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced it is committing to advancing two tobacco product standards to significantly reduce disease and death from using combusted tobacco products, the leading cause of preventable death in the U.S. The FDA is working toward issuing proposed product standards within the next year to ban menthol as a characterizing flavor in cigarettes and ban all characterizing flavors (including menthol) in cigars; the authority to adopt product standards is one of the most powerful tobacco regulatory tools Congress gave the agency. This decision is based on clear science and evidence establishing the addictiveness and harm of these products and builds on important, previous actions that banned other flavored cigarettes in 2009. Source

I could not believe your post, crazy times when there is so much other trouble to worry about. Why do you think there will be a class action lawsuit? Do you think there could be a reversal in their aims?

2 Likes

I personally feel targeted because it is my choice to use tobacco and I do use menthol products…not to mention the flavored cigars will have a huge impact on cannabis consumers. I feel it is government overreach. I get the numbers in disease is high but let’s compare it to liver disease from alcohol (which is vastly provided) and see what’s what. If we want to die from lung cancer that’s a choice that’s ours and not to be decided by any other group of people. Just my opinion. As far as the class action suit it will probably never stand. Not enough people that will actually stand up and fight anymore. I wish I knew where to start I’d definitely give it a go. I don’t know of any resources to help. If anyone has any suggestions I’m open

1 Like

@Slym3r I’m reading alot of articles from different sources. I think it’s going down brother. I’m sorry if my post is leaning toward politics that’s not what I was reaching out for basically just wanted confirmation of truth or false

1 Like