Tom's Tumblers

Has anyone tried Tom’s Tumblers to take the leaves off dried product? Am looking at the 1600 but somehow am leery of the commercial reviews. any input appreciated.

1 Like

Hey wrosenk. I have the “trimbag” and it works on the same concept but in a different way than Tom’s Tumblers - The key is to dry to the point the leaves crumble easily so that as they rub against each other and the screen material the leaves will fall off leaving the clean trimmed material. I assume it will work well and this approach has saved me sooooo much time from the wet trimming that I did before!

1 Like

Strictly a personal opinion, as a former industry Director of Manufacturing…Do not tumble. Why would one so abuse the flower they have nurtured over time? Efficiency and final flower appearance v. ‘child’ abuse. An easy pick for me.

4 Likes

If you want kief… you kill the child…agree or not… that is a fact…tumble tumble tumble…lol…I am an extractor so sorry don’t care about the flower other than was it prime to start… after that… don’t care give me bubble, give me kief… give me rosin…

5 Likes

See bro like you said twins but opposite :joy::facepunch: @Ladithief … I’m all about flower I don’t smoke extract… But wouldn’t pass up a rip… But kief as a bowl topper is fuckin awesome :+1:

1 Like

Kief I love but still to me is bunk…rosin and closed loop any day… and I will not debate this if some one comes along to debate it…lol…It is my belief…

2 Likes

I’m sure your extracts are pushing 90% to 100% Thc… I rarely smoke them tho… More of a joint or bong rip or bubbler type… Although i would like to try making vape oil but not sure the proper methods

2 Likes

I am 80ish on my hash and 90ish on the loop… and a recycler with an enail set at 630F makes cherry oil taste amazing… just trying to learn how to make it clear and red like the old man that makes it does… he will take a pound minimum and make it for you but the cut is 70/30 in favour of him…I have a couple pounds left so might just make it happen…lol… might give him 3 and go 100/0 and ask for a lesson…lol…

1 Like

Thanks for the feed back- didn’t realize the amount of diverse opinions. Guess I will stick with hand trimming wet(fresh cut). Or are there opinions on wet or dry trimming? I have found wet to be easier to hand trim. Followed by slow(about1 week) dry to 60%.

1 Like

I have it on good authority as I always say the dry trimming is the best way… but is it work your sanity… I was 80-100 hours wet trimming last year… some I didn’t even dry just went straight to the freezer as I planned on washing it…the time to dry trim would have been far longer and sanity far more lost…lol…and I also hear if you use a trimmer they work best wet… I also was told to hirer 3 Mexican’s (local migrant workers) for $15/hr for the best quality dry trim…lol…have to look into how long and what the total cost would be…lol… weed prices here are beyond all time low…lucky to get $1000 for a pound…

1 Like

@wrosenk… Photosyntech has a preview on his youtube channel of Toms Tumblers… it drops at 6pm tonight not sure if that is his time but… and the 1600 was previewed… I am looking at 1900 maybe…

Interesting Utube presentation. Not 100% but way better than spending hours and an aching back trimming. “Cleaning up” missed leaves after seemed to be worthwhile for good buds, Salvaging the kief & trichs for edibles / hash seems to be a worthwhile purchase. Just like Matt, I think getting the resin remover at a later time is prudent. Can freeze trimmings.Ladithief, thanks for the info. Happy growing.

1 Like

The only tumbling i do is in my kief tumbler hahahaha i fill that thing up with a ton of trim, flip the switch, and pull qp after qp of blond kief. I like pressing that and rolling kief joints!!! Hahaha i know thats not a trim machine, but I really wanted to add my 2 cents, now im broke.

2 Likes

@Packee this one???

2 Likes

What is it? I want one lol.

The TT1900 comes with a kief screen also…lol… I used a trim bin below to collect the kief…lol…

I am also hearing you want to dry to 8% then use boveda or integra to rehydrate to 62% after trimming…

@Ladithief nope lol

1 Like