Too late, or worth it, to use nutrients?

First time grower.
Rando seeds that are doing ok.
But I potted them with some cheap ass discount potting soil mix.
Currently dealing with Fungus Gnats (slowed down watering, added sticky yellow cards, sprayed top of soil with Neem Oil.)

They’ve been in flowering stage for about 2.5 weeks. Showing nice pistil growth, and doing better than expected. BUT one plant is getting very yellow, another leaves turning purple.

I’m wondering since this grow was basically an experiment for me, if its too late to start using Nutrients, or if its worth it to use nutrients with such a messy grow?

This plant is doing OK! Some yellow.

This plant is yellowing the worst - hoping its from stress from the bugs and will get better?

This third is the one turning purple on the leaves:

I also have two scrawny plants, outside the tent, under cheap LED shop lights that while scrawny, show decent color. This makes me wonder if my tent setup lights are two strong, and should be reduced?

No. What are your temps?

“No” what?

Temps in Tent: 83 degrees, ~30% humidity
Tempts ouf Tent: 75 degrees, ~ 55% humitidy

No it’s not too late to feed nutrients. Looks how mine look during my final flower with purple. Temp drops can cause it too. I’m gearing more toward N and P deficiencies. What type of soil did you use?

It will take about a week or 2 to fix but it’s better than having really stunted plants or plants that die before harvest. You might even start getting a Ca deficiency. Dry nutes will take awhile but you can use bottle nutes for quick results.

hope this helps diagnose what’s wrong with your plant!

Understood! Thank you!
The soil was like, $2.99 generic branded “potting soil”. Seemed pretty mulchy and had perlite in it. But it was a from a Big Lots type discount department store.

I will not be using it in the future.

I’d run some cal mag potassium and nitrogen also if you don’t have any bloom nutes put like a teaspoon of molasses in your water as well

Some have time release nutrients be careful with that. Totally understandable to buy cheap soils for the first time. It’s always best to buy a decent soil never go too cheap or certain MG soils.

Happy frog is a decent cheap one. You can always buy a block of promix which is good will last awhile. You can always buy a bag of nutrient rich soil and mix in some on the top layer for a feeding.

1 Like

I find it helpful to keep a schedule