Traveling and want to grow. On the road

Hydro would be the best. Also needs to be self contained. I’ve saw box hydro for 2 plants.
Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks Digger

1 Like

That will lead to soo many charges when you get pulled over

2 Likes

What does that have to do with the question

That’s a no brainer. But, any good ideas.

I would grow an auto under an LED in a soiless mix. Fit as much growing medium as you can so you have to water and feed less often. Grow box would have to be well insulated, like a camping cooler. Have a deep cycle battery and inverter that you could plug into your vehicle to run the lights/fans and keep it charged. Battery should hold enough charge to keep the light going for at least a day between being charged. You’ll have to do a bit of math to figure out the specifics of the setup. There are some one-part nutrients that are well buffered so you don’t have to pH. That would be my choice for growing on the go. Grab a bottle of water from the gas station or hotel room, mix in a few mL of the nutes, and water as needed.

1 Like

I saw a grow box all led lights water tray under unit. With carbon filter, ect. Wish I could remember the name $600

I started with Dealzer grow box. Don’t. You end up with about 18" of height for your plant. Get a small good grow tent. Auto a good choice to start. Use a super soil for autos so no feeding required. Use a auto drip system for watering with large reservoir.

I like that ideal.

If your in a motorhome or trailer you could turn the bathroom or closet into a little room and run a solar panel or 2 on the roof. Make kind of a spoiler to scoop the air over the panels and keep them down. Idk about going hydro though. Keeping water contained in a moving vehicle seams like it may splash a bit or move the plant around. I’d personally probably go with soil and tie it down but then again I am a soil grower lol