TreeTrunks Grow and Hash Thread

If there not super dirty I just use cold water, if they get gummed up I’ll use iso

9 Likes

My 25 u bag has a hole in it, lost a few grams forsure but kept most of my wash water so it wasn’t a total loss. Anyone recommend and bubble bag companies? I’m looking for a higher end set this time then the bubblebagdude brand, they were great for begining but I’m gonna be making hash for the foreseeable future. Caught this pile in the 45 from the wash water that made it through the 25

10 Likes

great information and post’s – still trying to press - will be doing a “shake” in afew weeks - will try again (using 75 and a 160 micron bag)

4 Likes

I just got generic ones. I haven’t had any problems with them they work fine. I use a RV/Countertop washing machine when I do it. Makes it a lot cleaner and easier. :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Do you have a link or a model if the washer you use @happilyretired ? That’s another thing I’ve been looking into, it takes me so long to do a run depending on how many bags I use. At this point anything to free up some extra time sounds like a great investment. Last night’s run took me around 8 hours. I’ve been looking at different bag companies today theres a huge variety of prices anything from $60 for a full 8 bag 5gal set to upto $100 for a single 5 gal bag. I’m definitely going to have to look a little further into bag quality to see if the price difference makes sense for my situation.

6 Likes

It’s been along time since I bought it. I got it on Amazon. Just type in RV/countertop washer

As far as bags and time and all that I think the smaller micron under 72 it would save a lot of time to get complete mesh bags. It takes forever to run through the 25. I think a complete mesh bag would drain much faster and then you could rinse it to the bottom

5 Likes

I have a full mesh set, I think I spend most of the time either stirring or scraping bags. I could try to run a few washes before I scrape the bags but I’m afraid it’ll start to melt if I let it sit. The full spec pink run took about 3 hours with 3 bags instead of 8, I think I washed it 4 or 5 times

5 Likes

I’ve only done trim and junk bud, and I usually experience a steep drop off in volume after the second wash. It’s a lot faster in the machine because the flower is inside a 250 mesh bag and the washing machine has ice and water in it. You throw a little ice in the bag with the weed zip it closed and then just run the washing machine all the leaf material stays inside the bag it’s very clean. And since you’re not dealing with all the leaf material it runs through the screens fairly fast to until you get to the small micron.

6 Likes

For whatever reason my indoor pink dumped almost everything in 2 washes and the 3rd wasn’t worth the time/ice but the outdoor of the same cut was still dropping nicely on the 4th. I think not having to transfer the ice and plant material back and forth between the stir bucket and the 220/250 bags will help alot with speeding up my wash times to, that parts a pain and gets messy

4 Likes

Triple G Bubble drying out

12 Likes

Mmmmmmm looks scrumdlillyumpsious.

6 Likes

Got the Veg tent together at the new place today 4x2 tent, T5 floro with 8 54 watt bulbs, 5 gal buckets for pots, aprox 20 Gal res, 2 6 inch ac infinity fans hooked up to the same temp/humidity controller. The air and water pump and lights are all hooked up to their timers, the only things left are to put fittings on the buckets, hook up the water hoses and rinse the Leca. Super excited to get growing again :partying_face::grinning:

12 Likes

Me TOOOOOO! Congratulations on the new room!!

6 Likes

Next run is going to be Snowcaine by Twenty20 Mendocino and Cement Shoes by Cult Classics Seeds both from www.chitownseeds.com @automatik

Both have germinated and been planted in presoaked 1 in grodan cubes inside the 5 gal pots
I’m going to clone both and whichever I prefer I will run a side x side of the clones using BBP from @TheMadFlascher . I used BBP on my outdoor crop this year but all of the plants were different strains so I didn’t get a proper comparison which is why I want to do the side x side next cycle. I can say however that the growth on treated plants was much like what happens to lower budsites and branchs when you top a plant. I have also been smoking flower and bubble hash from the treated plants and there is definitely no residue/residuals or negative effects on the quality of the end product whatever it may be.

11 Likes

Disclaimer: These numbers/measurements may be different depending on brand/etc but this is the chart I use for mixing my nutes Jack’s 321. I converted the weights to volume as it’s much easier and faster for me to mix this way. The E. C. Levels will also vary for you because this is based roughly off my tap water.

Based on 3.6g A 2.4g B and 1.1 g Magsul

4 Likes

Day 4 since breaking the surface

E.c. is 1.1 going to raise it a bit today and slowly make my way up to full strength

13 Likes

Trying to decide which brand 5x5 tent to get, looking at the Mars Hydro 5x5 and the Ac Infinity 5x5. Does anyone have experience with either of these tents or any recommendations? I looked at Gorilla tents but they’re a bit harder to get in Canada. https://www.amazon.ca/MarsHydro-60x60x80-Reflective-Hydroponic-Obeservation/dp/B01M07H8RX hopefully these links work :man_shrugging: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B08MNW22D7/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A11F824V94PA8T&psc=1
I like that the Ac tent is able to hold 150lbs instead of 110 on the Mars tent but there is no access port towards the rear of the tent

5 Likes

@mrgreenjeans how are you liking your AC tent so far? Also I know @PreyBird1 has alot of experience with tents do you have any recommendations?

6 Likes

Ac infinity bought the rights to vivosuns dual 2 in one tent. Its a solid option. Gives you nursey area and a bloom tent. Id buy that one!

8 Likes

I have 2 gorillas and 4 vivosun and a hydro crunch. So i have 7 tents. The gorillas are nice and Strong. Vivosuns are lower cost. And quit nice. My hydro crunch is a low cost cheap tent and it works fine. So after all of it…a tent is a tent. Some have better parts features and last longer. Ive been using these tents for 4 years straight. But i like these tents.

6 Likes