TreeTrunks Grow and Hash Thread

First and second wash of some Pink Kush trim and larf in an all mesh Bubble Bag Dude 8 bag set. 15 min hand stir first wash, 25 min hand stir second wash. Trim and larfy bud was dried for 1 week and then frozen. Did not grind the plant material.

Same kief 3 days later drying at room temp, scraped anything stuck to glass to help prevent uneven drying.

Will post updated pics of the 7th day of drying at room temp when it is dry and ready to be pressed.

I prefer hand stirring compared to using a drill or blender as is it much more gentle on the plant material and minimizes the amount of plant material
I find in my bags. The all mesh bags definitely drain easier. I do my stirring in a separate bucket with no bags to help preserve and prevent damage to the bags. I also found that I have alot of kief stuck to the bags after this run so there going to need a good cleaning with Iso. After scraping the kief from the bags I place it on a 25 micron pressing screen with a paper towel underneath to wick away extra moisture before placing the kief onto the glass trays to dry. EDIT: will try to take better photos for the updates.

18 Likes

Here is some dry sift Glookies kief made with a Trim Bin.

Here is a piece of pressed kief from the second sift through a 190 screen

18 Likes

As promised some much improved pictures of the Pink Kush bubble day 4 of 7 drying at room temp

12 Likes

Magic @treetrunks . I think you have helped me decide not to use a drill again. I only recently started using a drill, but agree, hand washing is far better for the tricomes. Enoy your hash.

6 Likes

dry ice with a 90 micron - 3-4 minute shake then a 160 micron for the rest !!!

6 Likes

Pink Bubble Kief Day 7 of drying

Working on pressing the kief tonight here’s the first ball the 25 micron, its hard to show the shine it on the camera, it looks like a black glass marble

13 Likes

Do you use a bottle with hot water to press ? there is a hydralic press that is made for kief pressing but it’s expensive. believe $300.00 + (can get name of press) using a bottle is really labor intensive and takes a while how do you press ? Nice “ball” !!!

4 Likes

For the bubble I started by hand pressing the kief into a chunk, once I have a decent piece going I’ll start rolling and pressing it over and onto the remaining kief till I have one solid chunk. From there it goes in between 2 pieces of cellophane and I stand on a 2x4 to flatten out the chunk of resin as much as I can. Then I work it back into a rough ball and flatten again. From there I work it into one final ball and roll it smooth by hand and gently roll it over the glass dish for the final shine.

7 Likes

First wash of Pink Kush Bubble pressed and rolled

12 Likes

Second wash Pink Kush

12 Likes

The 2 washes side by side, the 2 on the bottom are 25 micron and the rest are in order of bag size going up

Ended up with just over 23 grams from roughly 7 oz of shake and untrimmed larfy buds. Next time I will try to be a little more gentle while stirring and will use a bit more water and a bit less ice. I think adding a 5 min wash before the 15 and 25 min wash would help the yeild as well.

11 Likes

Nice work !!! still unclear - have rolled but never the results that you have - practice makes perfect I guess - feel I have given up rolling - just kief !!! Dam

3 Likes

That is absolutely amazing @treetrunks , nice work and hope you enjoy some good handmade hash.

4 Likes

Thank you @chrisj and @HawkMan ! Don’t give up hawkman! I learned alot from the runs that didn’t roll so well for me. It seemed to help alot using fresher material this time, the run before this one was trim I had sitting on a shelf for few months in a Ziploc bag. It smoked great but I could not get it roll properly to save my life.

5 Likes

Thanks !! guess practice makes perfect – going to try spreading out the kef thinly instead of one pile Can see were the bottle method can take time at least 1hr + depending on amounts

4 Likes

Washed a shopping bag of trimmed Fresh Frozen flower from my outdoor Pink Kush

This time I only used 3 bags 220/190/25 instead of the full 8 set, I also tried an initial 5 min hand stir but it yeilded little compared to the 2nd and 3rd at 10 and 15 minutes. Yields dropped after the 4th stir. My biggest problem this run was breaking up hash Patty’s to dry, I think they pressed under their own weight as they were about 7grams each coming out of the 25 bag. I tried breaking them apart with a razor blade but they were too sticky, eventually I spread it across the glass pans to dry flipping and smearing it once a day. Day 3 of drying at 40rh room temp it changed consistently and started to crumble into small pieces. Definitely going to try sieving the Patty’s next run.

First pan came out to 23 grams 25-189 micron

16 Likes

@treetrunks , thanks for the inspiration of your grow journal and has thread. I think I am starting one soon. Plants are in soil and planning on doing a hash run soon. So thank you again, looking good.

8 Likes

Finally got the 2 pans dry enough to break into smaller pieces

Getting ready to run some Triple G from Royal Queen Seeds, I have a shopping bag full that I’m going to split into 2 seperate runs. She has my favorite terp profile of my outdoor plants this year, very sweet and fruity reminds me of candy.
Going to use 5 bags for this run 220/190/120/73/25. 220 is the work bag (catches the plant material and ice), and 190 is usually mostly contaminants. The 189-120 will be lower grade along with the 72-25 micron range with 119-73 being the highest. I have a micro planer and a sieve ready in the freezer incase my patties give me trouble again.

15 Likes

@treetrunks , how do you clean your bags after use?

7 Likes

I usually use boiling water and dish soap. So far it has worked very well for me.

8 Likes