Tricones how many should be amber before harvest And when is the best time

Just wondering how many tricones do you let turn amber before harvesting?

2 Likes

I personally try not to let more than a few of my trichomes go amber. None if I can help it because all that’s happening at that point is your thc is degrading to cbn. You’ll notice that the aroma from your terpenes will also start to change as trichs get amber. At that point you start losing sweet aromas.
So I try and harvest at all cloudy trichomes for the highest level of thc, terpenes, and flavanoids.
I choose my strain for the effect I want. Not harvesting my plants at certain times to try and get the effects I want.
All just my personal opinion @bmartin62.
:v:

4 Likes

Id like to add that depends on the effects your looking for and what strain your growing (indica vs sativa). The more amber trics you have the more of a couch lock high you will get. So if your looking for a nice bed time then let to go beyond 30% amber. if your looking for more of a day time go less then 30% amber. I say 30% because a big majority of people that answer this would say 30%.

2 Likes

Now that my cones are jus cloudy , do you think I can get another week or two before I reach 30%?
Gorilla cookies
White Widow
Northern lights

1 Like

From my experience @bmartin62 it’s really hard to predict a time when your trichomes will mature to your liking. I’ve noticed it can be very strain specific. You just have to check your trichomes every day.
I’ve grown WW and NL, and the NL is a fast finisher. Definitely keep your eye on her trichomes, they can mature very fast.
:v:

3 Likes

Thanksgiving you for all your help!

1 Like

If you are going to grow these strains multiple times I might suggest cutting a few buds early,mid, and late to see how the different harvest times can effect your product. Just a thought

4 Likes

Welsome to the comunity @nate1911a1 what you sugested is a great idea. That way people can be able to experiment and find out what they like. a fast way to gain that experience.

1 Like

About 10%…at most. That gives you a pretty rounded high…quick and long lasting in my experience.

1 Like