Tropical flame đŸ”„

Ok is this a white hair. Looks like a pistol as I see both stipules also but also looks like a ball forming on the other side. Hmm

4 Likes

Alrighty then we got two females
 was hoping to het one of each. So what are some options to try to hold on to this strain? Anyone have any experience with feminization?

6 Likes

Ask @PreyBird1 about feminization, he might have a thread on how to do it.

3 Likes

Heres my thread on how to do it exactly!

If you really want to preserve it. Make some clones and get ready to femmanize them. My way always works and even on a couple hard strains to reverse. I was able to but just barely. Then grow out the seeds
but you need to keep an original mother then you’ll wanna work on trying to make a stable bx or an S1.

4 Likes

Okay i read the thread
took me a while but im glad i did. i think i got the idea. This isn’t something that happens overnight sadly lmao! I got the cuts in the cloner so i think i have to act faster than i expected. I also need another tent with its own separate air system. I was planning on ordering sts ingredients from Amazon but i think ill revisit that idea. Alot of the questions i had were actually answered in the thread. Ill be on a much smaller scale, but lets give this a try!

4 Likes

Exactly! That’s why i keep all the threads i wrote separated pretty well. And if you click on my avatar then activity and then on topics you can read all my threads. I have a lot of information in those threads and all anyone has to do is go and just look.
I type like crap sometimes because i have transposition dyslexia and my hands are kinda Fucked up from motorcycle accidents and crashes. And sometimes im too lazy to care. But i usually try and re-read what I type and correct it but mehh. Also you want lab grade ingredients. No cheap knock off stuff
ive been in retail customer service and sales for 30yrs. People always find a way to try and be cheap! We all want to save money but being cheap is expensive! It breaks or fails or doesnt work like it should and you have to buy more or better quality and there it is! You bought it 2x now and spent more money and wasting time being cheap. Yeah it sucks to buy expensive stuff.
But once you spent it and forget about the price later on your always glad you got the better quality products. And always always buy the extra warranty!

7 Likes

Alrighty
not so successful this time around with transplanting. The first one i did went great no issues. It tool awhile for the rest to root out but when i finally switched them to solo cups they tried to die instantly. A couple made it through not not all were so lucky.

Any ways. Im just glad i have a few. Plant B is in its first week on 12/12 i got her clones running rn. Hopefully they will have a little more success. I f@#$ing love the way these grow. Super strong stem, tall but beefy. I cant wait to attempt the whole feminized process. If successful ill send out some testers to some of yu if interested.

6 Likes

Whats your transplanting procedure?

6 Likes

@Slym3r I lightly sprinkle soil all over root zone, to try to reduce air pockets, and throw em in a solo cup. A little bottled water With clonex. Thought i overwatered at first but the next ones were the same

7 Likes

Were there roots when they went in cup and what type of soil is it. Maybe a stronger nutrient in the soil and burned them. Also pH is a huge issue. Bottle water unless distilled I believe needs PhD distilled and ro water Will take on the pH of the soil. ,

6 Likes

@Mark0427 correct, there was roots. I try to make sure they feather out pretty well before i transplant. You may be right about the bottled water, except ive gotten 100% success using it before, but with a different strain.
Im almost wondering if my bag of soil sat too long. Had white spores on the top so i scooped off the top layer to throw away, and used the rest of the bag. Either way i think i need to get some new soil first thing.

6 Likes

Was it like a ffif soil where nutes r preloaded?? White spores may not necessarily be a bad thing as it may have been mycelium and that is not a bad thing. It is actually beneficial to plants especially ones that drop seeds and make babies next to mothers ect. Plants communicate thru mycelium by triggering certain wavelengths which tell one plant that the other is lacking a certain nutrient which in turn other plants around can send that nutrient the way it needs to travel easier. I’ve been reading a whole lot lately and I so wish I was more scientific like. Lol. This amuses me so much but takes me a bit to fully understand what is what and where at certain times. Like I was always worried about the white forming on top the soil and usually it was mycelium but I still scraped it away as it scared me to see like it was mold. Lol.

3 Likes

Naw whites usually a good thing. Blues and oranges and reds will be bad. Yellows are good usually too. I get alot of yellow mushrooms growing out of my coco in my big house plants after root zones are nice and established.

3 Likes

As far as species of fungi, it’s best to inoculate your substrate with desired mycorrhizal fungi as soon as you hydrate your soil. Once established, colonies will be persistent and continue to regenerate unless you were to sterilize your soil or pasteurize it.

I immediately inoculated my 10 gallon pots with GreenEden Endoboost Hydro to make sure I had beneficial mycelium rather than whatever just happened to germinate and colonize.

3 Likes

I love the shape! And the forbidden fruit gene is really starting to show up through the smell. Glad i got plenty cuts off this one. :fire:

7 Likes

Just about done with the first run. Made me want to feminize so much more.

8 Likes

Nice Big chunky Buds there! Like grenades!

7 Likes

Hell ye they are! Couple things ive been doing different.
First i started using the ro buddy. So calmag+ is used every water to help ph. Infact i just ph after mixing nutes.
Second ive been using a bloombastic sampler i got from the local grow shop. I have a couple ive been meaning to try but wanted to get the basics down first. I introduce final 4 weeks of flower and they just EXPLODE

Edit. Ill get the name npk ratio when i check in them next. Im at the hospital right now waiting for baby girl to arrive. It might be a couple days before i can snap another picture

8 Likes

Wow a baby girl congratulations man! :facepunch::partying_face::partying_face:

9 Likes

Definitely a big congratulations on the baby. :+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

9 Likes