Tropical flame 🔥

I think its time to give these their own thread. Ive been wanting to run this strain for years. Picked up some seeds from dungeon vault genetics. I couldn’t complete the order online so i emailed them and they got it shipped out. At first i thought they were hooking me up. I payed for 10 i think and got like 30. Well only two germed and now instead hoping for two females im praying for male and female. Otherwise im going to run clones like no tomorrow. I tryed emailing back about the low success rate. He asked me how im germinating and never replied back. Has anyone else used this company and have had the same experience? Im suprised as its a pretty well known company.
Anyways im thankful fpr the two i have. And ill be posting updates here. Thanks!

10 Likes

The name sounds nice, never used that seed bank or heard of them. Hoping for a male and a female to, make some more. Happy growing.

7 Likes

@chrisj Thank you! its forbidden fruit x hot rod. :fire: :fire:
Im not sure if you have ever had a strain that was like waldo trying to get your hands on. But this was is it for me. I might be just a little obsessed…

6 Likes

Have u thought about diving into making or getting sts and making fem seeds from the cuts. U can take clones and flower out clones spray one and collect pollen and dust another one with the pollen. Sts turns the plant from female and makes make pods with female pollen in themw rhus creating female seeds from a female plant.

5 Likes

@Mark0427 ive thought of it yes. Dont know if im quite at that level yet. Still trying to keep my plants from herming. I would be down to give it a try though if i had some guidance. It would solve my problem though…your right!

7 Likes

I’m in process of getting a couple plants together one to spray one to pollinate after I collect pollen from the sprayed one of I get lucky. Lol. I’ll try and remember to tag u when I start. I will be learning a lot from @repins12 when the time comes as he is great at making seeds.

8 Likes

Oh nice! Yea ill definitely follow along when you get things going. Still waiting on a sex. Still really young. Hopefully i dont get 2 males

6 Likes

Well looks like the clones r not gonna come til after Xmas. Because of all the mail stuff and things being days and days late the person don’t wanna send them and they not make it so still gonna do it but at a later date now. Do u have a cloner. U can grab a cheap mist kind like I think it’s aerogarden maybe has a small rez a light above it to keep them lit and like can do 6 or 8 cuts in it to get them rooting. U’ll wanna get one with a sprayer inside.

6 Likes

Oh yea i got the auto cloner. I was having 0% success rate trying to clone any other way lmao!

4 Likes

Starting to show sex, still too early though

10 Likes

I’m gonna call fem on that one. Seen it lots but also seen fems be different where they r not touching but see the stipules I believe they r called r crossed in towards each other. Everyone I’ve seen so far female has had this look like they r touching or trying to hug it out and keep in touch where as most males I’ve seen the stipules grow strait up and not towards each other. I e just recently paid most attn to this and so far all my fems appear like this one too. I will keep an eye on earlier developing plants and see if this is a tell tale way or a fluke lol. I’ll say that’s a fem tho. Let’s place bets now.

6 Likes

How are they looking now? Inquiring minds want to know lol

5 Likes

Im doing santa pictures with the kiddos today. Ill be back in 3 or 4 hours and ill post an update. I think @Mark0427 is right…hopefully. although i do think there is something to the stipule theory, i have seen females grow their stipules straight up. I know because i thought it was male lmao! But i haven’t seen the other way around yet. Haven’t seen a male with stipules touching. Idk pretty wierd man. But im going to guess female on this one

4 Likes

@OlyBoy @Mark0427
Still dont know on this one. Too early…also i notice stipules growing straight up. If its male that would definitely be interesting. Yes i gave them water

I see a pistil! This is the one we thought was female
Can you see it?

8 Likes

Not really seeing anything that says make yet but still not a def female either so this one a tricky one but imma lean female for u. Could be male but I’ll hope not.

7 Likes

Funny, thats what i look at too. If they are stright up hugging, i think male. Lol

5 Likes

@Mark0427 kind of a bad picture i guess but you can barely see it

8 Likes

Possibly. Looks like a twisted leaf to me not much of a ballsac

5 Likes

Much better picture today

6 Likes

Yeah me too, always waiting for sex, never enough! Preferably not too young tho and 2 males, can’t say I’m really hyped for that either so I get ya. Cool cool cool…
Wait…oh no, you were talking about your plants! Shite

4 Likes