Trust issues

It’s stories like this that will undermine the legitimacy of commercial growers and degrade the trust of the voters in the cannabis community.

11 Likes

Unfortunately @olyboy, this type of practice is all to common these days. In my state it’s been an issue for over 4 years. No one that lives in Oregon believes the potency values on product labels. Labs have been inflating potency testing since adult use went into effect in Oregon back in 2017. You just have to pay the right price to get a 20%+ THC test.
It’s pretty lame and undermines the legitimacy of the Cannabis industry…
:v:

8 Likes

I heard about this sort of thing after Colorado legalized. It’s behind a subscribe wall but lemme guess: Growers can choose which lab to use so there’s no incentive for a lab to give them unfavorable results? My very limited experience with edibles is that you can only trust high grade stuff to have accurate numbers. Last time I bought an expensive bar everyone drastically overestimated their tolerance based on the numbers other edibles sport. It’s lame, but I suspect the growers will eventually be listed alongside the strain name to combat this sort of thing. You know, brand loyalty and all that.

6 Likes