Trying new soil

I bought a few bags of the Nectar no 4 soil, I used Miracle - gro when the internet wasn’t around I had to water every other day which was ok so I wouldn’t over do it, this is my 2nd try how often do you water in a 5 gallon pot? thanks in advance

6 Likes

Twice daily for my 5 gal

80° - 90° 40% rh

4 Likes

I been doing it once a day when the lights come on for the day, so be better off watering in the morning & evening, thanks I appreciate it

6 Likes

Welcome to the GN-family @sshortguy1.

3 Likes

I would prefer to water them at wake-up if I could only water them once.

5 Likes

If they are in pots I would use the weight of the pot method. Lift it up and feel how heavy it is cannabis plants like a wet dry cycle. If it is still heavy leave it and check the next day. It also depends on how big the plant is on how much water you should be giving it. Any pictures?

6 Likes

that is what I have been doing, even though my spouse wants to water them so I did, my last grow was decent so I upgraded, gotten a Mars Hydro FCE 3000 I got 4 northern lights autos in it now, got to wait & see how these turn out

5 Likes

It depends on your environment.

Weight is the easiest gauge. Get used to the feel of a dry plant and a wet plant. Try not to keep watering while wet.

If you stick your finger down in soil and you pull out and no soil on finger, dry enough to water. If soil sticks to your finger its moist still.

4 Likes

And on the size of the plant. The plant in the below picture is in a 5 gallon pot. I give it a little less than a half a gallon of water about every three days. A plant five times as big as this in this pot would probably require a gallon of water every other day or maybe 3/4 of a gallon a day. You don’t know till you grow the plant and you check how it’s doing when it’s doing it. As stated lifting the pot starting off is the best way to learn. Eventually you will just be able to look. But it takes picking up the pots and looking at the plants at the same time for a while to be able to notice the subtleties of when a plant it’s thirsty.

Also if you would drop a few pictures it would help us immensely as far as giving you the correct information as to what you need at this point. :v:t3:

A picture would show us plant size, pot size, pot type. soil type kinda plant color among other things. Pictures save volumes…

5 Likes