TRYING TO MAKE MY BUttER INTO CRUMBLE?

We have a 0.9cf vacuum oven, 6cmf vacuum pump , we are tryiing to get this keylime gelato to crumble …initially we did have it in a crumble state but left it in the oven too long and it turned into this butter type of texture. We are wondering if anyone would be nice enough could give us some advice on pressure and temp for making crumble ?

LOVE & PEACE ,
NATURES TOAST

5 Likes

Pinging @tasiakelle as she might have an answer for you.

1 Like

Dudes… immediately after you blast take it off the water start oxidizing, whip it, whip it good, for an hour try it then put it in that lil oven at 125 with in the next 12 hours it will be crumble I will come there if it doesn’t lol tell me what happens though I’m intrigued and the strain should not matter, is the trim fresh? I’m questioning everything lol open? Closed bHo PHO, achcohol ethenol??? You won’t get crumble if you are winterizing!

2 Likes

There is no recovery from the butter also, I’m sorry if you have a short path distillate, make tink or Syrup but you know how people are about consistency.

1 Like

No pressure ? or pressure?..we did that initially but and started to see it crumble then we wipped it again and it turned into this type of butterish shattery type texture(do you think we should keep whipping it for a while then put it back into the oven?) …im trying to get it back to that crumble state ?..we using and 1lb closed collum …we didnt winterize this batch due to we were trying to get it crumble .

1 Like

yea the trim is fresh coupple weeks old with good size nugs in it

1 Like

The recovery from butter to crumble I have never had success, try more air out the better

3 Likes

Vac after whip… pressure? Valve open under a full vac

3 Likes