Tuesday May 9th at 10am MDT - Ask Me Anything with Henry from Cannabis Big Data

Some more data on strain popularity and sales:

sorry I missed this. I do have some questions I am curious about.

Feel free to add in any questions you have here. @henry is still on the community and I’m sure he’d be happy to answer anything he can.

@henry any data to support the fertility and grower mediums revenue for the industry? I am working on a business plan. I am self funded and about out of funds. I have plenty of people who want to invest. but its all a lot of work. I have studied soils a long time and have created products in a raw material form and a Ready to use formula. I know hydro ponic shops sell a lot. Whats the average renvenue stream for a fertilizer company? thanks henry

1 Like

Hey Ralph,

Thanks for reaching out! This is a slightly complicated and nuanced question.

First of all, you need to identify the Total Addressable Market (TAM) for your target demographic. In your case this is cultivators, but do you include home growers or only commercial? Just hydroponics or other formats as well? This provides the upper bound of what’s possible if you capture 100% of market share.

In parallel, you also need to have an idea of your traction drivers - namely, how do you sell to new customers (acquisition channels) and how does that ramp over time. Your business model will be a function of revenue drivers (= making money as a function of traction drivers scaling) and cost drivers (= what you have to spend to support sales efforts as well as the rest of the business).

There is a lot of literature out there on how to build up business models, and here is a good primer: How to prepare a revenue model for startup - Quora

From the brief description, sounds like you’re a transaction-based product model.

Cheers!
~Henry

2 Likes