Tygers second grow around 2.5

Hey @happilyretired and @hellraiser I have a question. So my roots for one of the ladies has touched the bottom of the cup and starting to lay out ob the bottom as well as the sides are getting covered more but every side has roots touching the bottom. Is this when I transfer or do i hold out some more?

2 Likes

I’m never in a hurry to transplant, more roots will hold the root/dirt ball together better making for a less stressful transplant for you and the plant.

I transplant out of solo cups when my sprouts look like this

And the roots look like this

3 Likes

And there you go. With pictures even. It doesn’t get any better than that.:+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:

3 Likes

Thank you for this. Patience is on my side so I’m in no rush and am having better results so far from my first grow @hellraiser. @happilyretired is a witness of it so far

4 Likes

Its a sad day in my garden today. Woke up morning to find two of my ladies sad as shit. What would be the reason. I need help and don’t wanna do anything drastic @happilyretired @hellraiser

1 Like

Try your pictures again.

2 Likes

Its there now.

1 Like

Too wet, to dry, pH. First things to check.

3 Likes

I did recently water only because i did a root check and some started to disappear. Again I got scared

2 Likes

Get yourself a calendar. Write on it what you do when you do it every day. This will help immensely in remembering what you’ve already done or not done. You can also put reminders in there so you don’t forget things. A quick reference to what you have done and what you need to do really helps. Stopping what you’re doing going back and reading it can help prevent a knee-jerk reaction that might be wrong. At first glance it looks to me like one of the three suggestions that I made. The new growth is a little bit light green which could be a little bit of nitrogen deficiency, not sure. Hellraiser will stop by and work his magic… :+1:t3:

3 Likes

New update. Plants are clawing hard. What did i do😭

2 Likes

Do your cups have holes for drainage?

2 Likes

They do indeed. I do a weight check everyday to see how fast they’re drinking up the water. Now they look like they lost weight meanwhile bubblgum is perfectly fine @Slym3r

3 Likes

Damn those two plants really got a bad shock going on.

2 Likes

To make it worst, Cream Candy is in preflower

2 Likes

Yeah I saw that is that an auto? Have you checked your light timer to see if your hours are screwed up or not? Lord knows that’s embarrassing. Been there done that, still trying to figure that one out :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes they are all autos. I check my hours everyday on the timer and wake up before just in case for some odd reason

2 Likes

Could you explain to me again how come you have auto flowers in solo cups?

I am going to admit right here first in for most I do not do well with auto flowers. Grew them for my very first grow indoor ever and have hated them ever since. That being said I bought a handful of 20Twenty seed to grow with the group. I haven’t started them yet because of foot issues but give me a month. Just so I can remind myself why I don’t like them. Anyways, back to my question?

2 Likes

I was told to start them off in a solo cup then transfer when they’re around thus size

2 Likes

I know you were trying to receive advice from specific people on this thread. I was gonna say awhile back in your thread that you should transfer them but I didnt want to intervene. Anyways once I saw them looking like that my first thought is they’re out of room but then again I’ve seen some crazy grows from solo cups especially from who your getting advice from I wouldn’t say anything against any of their advice all very talented growers. but I haven’t seen very many auto grows in solo cups. I just notice once they start clawing or leaves changing color for no reason I check the roots if there developed I transplant most the time within days they come back but this is on my photos. What I do is only let my autos go a few days once there popped out before any major roots develop I get them in there final pots then hit them with superthrive for the shock I also use jiffy peat pods. Just my opinion and what I do. Best of luck. You could try transplanting them now but seems a bit late for autos. I’m not the most talented either so don’t hold on to what I say lol.

4 Likes