Unexpected move

Your 2 cents is worth a million dollars to me my friend. Getting a seperate breaker would be a great idea. Because i am actually looking into getting a solar panel. And using the solar panel energy to power my grow so that it will cut back on my electric.

9 Likes

you are using LEDs now ? I know that has helped me to knock 200 dollars

a month off my power bill

Solar is good but to own panels and have to have storage then invert your DC to AC

to use is a lot of overhead

my grow room and house/barn power is generated by bio gas from a land fill here

in New York

I pay a a couple cents more a KiloWatt Hour

we do use lots of power growing inside :frowning: that why I work outside when I

can and there is sooo much room

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

8 Likes

This unfortunately is something that we lack. And being in an illegal state. And nosey ass neighbors makes it to where outdoors isnt really an option. My wife is paranoid about the 30 plants we have indoors. She couldnt function properly if she had the added stress of an outdoor plant.

She recommended to me the other day that we go old school and walk the railroad and plant down the tracks… to me its not worth the risk of spending a whole season growing and a crack head steal it. Or even having someone put up a trail cam and busting us.

I prefer my little indoor grow. No one can access it. I can monitor it better. More environmental control. To me id rather pay an extra 100 dollars a month and stay inside until the law is on my side and i can move outdoors…

Trust me i wish i could go outdoors and triple my yield.

8 Likes

that is why I started growing inside spring 2001 :slight_smile:

had to grow three crops a year to get anything at all

one for The police, one for the ripper and one for me

I was just going to dynamite my grows but killing A Cop will get a needle

stuck in your arm here :frowning:

I just started back outside 2021 and remember how much the plant loves to be in the

sun and in the ground

starts like this

we end up here

we can grow six

Dequilo

10 Likes

Trust me i have witnessed the difference. I planted 7 plants last year and hardly got a pound. My uncle planted 10 outdoor and almost got 20. They love nature way more than the tent for sure.

10 Likes

Lol welcome to my world! My wife is paranoid but so am i. Not a state to be growing in here. Im trying to get the wife to move. Im looking for some property that has some acres so i can make a bigger grow away form the house area so it far back on the property so there is no way a nosey anybody could get back there to cause a problem. Im close to lots of families im right under there noses and my grow is 1600 sqft. An small house worth of growing and sometimes i hit 100 plants. This year im running my strains and only using 4 of my 8 tents at the moment. But im gearing up for another breeding run about to cut clones so i can make something new and exciting. And im about to grow my new F1 candy Rain crosses gotta see what we ended up with hopefully some firey buds.

14 Likes

Well @PreyBird1 once i get in and get settled i aim to get the genetics i got from you on the ball. Ive got 25 plants I’ll be flipping to flower first thing after getting settled. Which is why I’m grateful for my tents. I can throw the tents up and throw them in the tents while i build the rooms. If i can get someone to run another breaker for me like @dequilo suggested. I’m going to do that before i frame in some walls. Essentially all im going to do is put a wall straightdown the middle and put a wall across the front. To make one big room, into 2 moderate sized rooms. So i have one to veg and one for flower. Thought being that if i have a veg room i can keep mothers longer. And get more out of my investment.

Im also going to be putting in a camera in each room for filming time lapse. To add to my videos im going to make. Im trying real hard to work with growershouse. Make videos of growing a specific bud, then having that bud available at hashbash.

11 Likes

You got those goji crasher beans available yet

8 Likes

Something like this would be great for yous! They’re building a dope grow room in there as well…

@OlyBoy Their balcony reminded me of yours.

10 Likes

Yes they are available and on my udated list! I already smoked the new generation. The first test plant is amazing smoke more to come.

8 Likes

Soon as i get moved and get those slapz in some soil ill be putting in an order for a few of them. Can you tag me in your updated list??

7 Likes

Day one of grow room remodel.

11 Likes

Been a day or so since weve had any updates. But yesterday i finally got so set up the 5x5 that i bought about 6 months ago. It was too tall so i didnt have space to set it straight up. So i was using it to veg laying on its side. But we got it set up and stayed up late to get the new plants set up in their new home.

14 Likes

getting there :slight_smile: all good things in all good time

looks like great space I cannot wait to see how you use it

be safe and stay free

Dequilo

8 Likes

You a crazy MF bro but would be good to see it go boom

That’s what i do here when doing outdoors

@dequilo would love to sit down and have a cuppa joint and a chat with you it sounds like you lived a very interesting life

11 Likes

So in the process of setting up this new grow space im wanting to put in some new lights.

So ive come to realize through trial and error that these fancy ass 2000 watt leds arent what they say they are and not really necessary for promotion of good growth.

So I’ve been looking into some of the florescent tube lights. Because they have grow light bulbs for them. I just figured i could get more coverage for vegging. And i dont know shit about building led light bars.

Any recommendations on lights for coverage of my whole grow space.

7 Likes

vegged a lot of seedlings and clones under 4 foot shoplights no fancy bulbs

cool white used them for years and they work well and will not break the bank

Lowe/HD sold them with bulbs at one time

nor did I until I built 1900 watts of lights :slight_smile: I found working with LED strips to be

painless, me not knowing shit about them was the biggest problem

after watching a dude built and test different kinds of LEDs it clicked :slight_smile:

so I built lights

only thing I wish I did was to go with more blue light for veg, but not knowing anything

I used all 3500k OK for veg a bit on the red side

All the best on your hunt for lights

Dequilo

bakers racks and 4 foot tubes 2011

very cheap and easy

12 Likes

Just a quick update on the grow roo. Set up. Everything is all going well.

14 Likes

Looking great youl get it the way you want soon.

11 Likes

Way to go! I bet that wasn’t easy.

10 Likes