Growers Network was created as a resource for adults in the cannabis industry.

Please verify your age to enter.

USA's Hydroponics Market Research

Would anyone have an idea of the size of the hydroponics industry in the USA? We have a member working with potential investors and needs some help.

In his words:

The cannabis industry as a whole in the USA is moving close to a $50B market. We want to know how much of that is @EquipManufacturers. The vast majority of the $50B is going to be actual product.

In the UK the hydroponics market is around the £100 Million mark with an annual growth of roughly 10% but I am struggling to find the same information for the USA market. There are research reports available but these are insanely expensive for a start up (min of $5,000), so any market information you are able to share would be really appreciated.

@Nate @nick

2 Likes

As a provider of rolling stainless tables, I would be interested in seeing contributions to this thread

3 Likes

Depends whether you include the cannabis side of the hydroponics business.

Retail is very fragmented with no company with over 1% of the market.

Scott’s is the big gun with General Hydroponics and Aero Garden.

Here is one of our prototype climate and nutrient controllers online. It will lower that $5K price point substaintially.

http://iot.firstfruitsfarms.com/

3 Likes

I also would be interested in this information, especially from a wholesalers standpoint. I will do some due diligence on my end as well and share anything I find here.

4 Likes

I would say sales of equipment related to the production of Cannabis is probably currently north of $2B+ when measured as sales to end users, whether they be commercial or hobbyist (USA + Canada). I base this off a few assumptions:

1. Sunlight had estimated 2017 sales of $460m
  2. Hawthorne had estimated 2017 sales of $290m
  3. There are more distributors in the industry when added together are probably approximately close to what Sunlight was doing: Hydrofarm, BWGS, DL Wholesale, Biofloral, Hydrotek, etc…
  4. We work with over 500 vendors that sell into this space, and they amount to about the same, if not more business than I just mentioned above.
5 Likes