UV-A/B lights

I’m wondering if you guys can help me out, I really want to get some booster UV lights.from my research LED’s suck at the UV spectrum and T5’s are the way to go.

The problem here is that I can’t find a place to buy them. I’m in Canada and I’m using a 3x3 tent so I’m also limited to a 2’-3’ light.

The only one I found was the “California light works” light witch is 100 usd for a 2’, and kinda steep.

I welcome any help.

3 Likes

Only great source of uv is cmh or mh. Led is not there yet. Snake lights do not put out enough either

2 Likes

The experts agree. All the tests say to throw away your IR led’s.

2 Likes

From all my research @loki3k, reptile lights give off the same uv spectrum we’re looking for. That’s why I just went with a high wattage uva/uvb reptile bulb and I swear by them. I only used 1 bulb in a hood on my 1st grow and half my tents buds were noticeably frostier. That’s why I got a 2nd bulb and hood for more even distribution of that light spectrum. It was just a cheaper option for me when I built my grow setup.
Hope this helps friend!
:v:

2 Likes

@Tygrow78 can you tell me which specs is it? Or the brand?

1 Like

Would you care to share your light schedule for the IR lights?

1 Like

3 Likes

Lucky Herp 26 watt 10.0 uva/uvb bulbs. If you can find the 15.0 they are even stronger.

2 Likes

Thanks. I looked them up and the .5 says it has UVA and UVB. The 15 doesn’t say. But I took your advice and got that one. We’ll see how it works.

2 Likes

HLG 30 UVA @ growace.com are only 149$
They work really well and they can be attached the the HLG500 and the HLG650 units in a few minutes

I saw that. But I’m not spending 150 American on something that’s I can replace with a $15 bulb and a $10 reflector.

1 Like

I am using a CMH this round and the frosty glitter is unreal!

1 Like

Cmh is awesome :ok_hand:! I want to play with a plasma light bad! Light emmiting plasma. Completely solid state.

2 Likes

They sound pretty cool @PreyBird1 what would that replace for a MH/HPS

1 Like

They have a better full spectrum but im not sure what this would replace in watts.

1 Like

Yeah. I wanna find out more about these lights.

1 Like

@loki3k I start running my uv lights 14 days into flower. At day 20 flower I start decreasing my running light schedule from 12/12, down 5 minutes every other day. I’m on day 38 flower and my lights are on 11/ off 13 today. When you look at weather almanacs, after the summer solstice, we loose 1 min of daylight in the morning and 1 minute at night.
I recently upgraded my uv lights to the 26 watt 15.0 uv lights, after 1 burned out. I only had 13 watts b4, and I swear by those ones. I did a side by side my 1st grow and only had 1 light in a hood and could see the difference. That’s why I upgraded to a 2nd light.
I hope that helps my friend. :v:

3 Likes

Yes. Thank you.

1 Like