Vented Hoods or bigger exhaust fan

What makes the most economical sense. 10x8 mostly sealed room with 2 600hps lights with adjust wing reflector. Just started running both light at 600 and now 200. Since running 2nd light my 690cfm exhaust fan runs pretty much non stop to keep temps 65-70. My question do I spend cash on a can fan exhaust or get vented hoods?

1 Like

The vented hoods will allow you to take most of the bulb heat from the room.
But that’s 2 hoods… $$
Only 1 fan… $
:thinking::wink::v:

4 Likes

I’m with @oldguy. The hoods are a good long term investment, the fan will help up front.

2 Likes

Thanks @oldguy @devjyarn I was thinking the same thing it’s just upfront cost of vented hoods. Been talking to local grow shop used hoods just trying to get all the info I can before spending more cash!

4 Likes

You’ll be able to give your plants a better environment with the vented hoods; more light, less heat, happier plants.

3 Likes

Vented hoods sounds like the answer as your lights are your biggest heat source by far, maybe adding a further 50F to your rooms temperature.

2 Likes

Definitely go with hoods. So you don’t have to put up the cash in tight times, do you have any flower to trade? I like to hop on Craigslist and see if anyone wants to trade for a quarter to half oz depending on what they have.

1 Like

Going to grow shop today to get hood! Hell with all the shit going on they might not even be open or let me inside

3 Likes

Simple, phone them up! You’ll know if they are open and have what you need. You won’t put yourself at risk for nothing that way!

Stay safe people :wink:

2 Likes

Eh just a bunch of hog wash! It’s just natures population control. In the last 15 years the population has increased by nearly 30%! Lol jk jk. No one wants to see people die :wink:

2 Likes

Yea but it’s 1 1/2 drive to grow shop and they don’t open tell 10. I’d like to leave now be there when they open !I need to hang hoods, top plants, put plants into 10 gal pots water time not on my side !

2 Likes

I’ll say it even if it sounds cheesy as hell : Time won’t matter if you die! In the meantime, if you respect the lockdown, you’ll have plenty of time.
But in the end, that’s your call! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Oh @kapouic you sound like my wife!! Can’t you find anything positive to say lol like I told her have to much invested at this time to let temps get out of control!

3 Likes

I am only repeating what my wife thought me :wink:
I am positive I’d like you to be safe, does that count for positivism?

2 Likes

Well sure it does. See ya later work time

3 Likes