Ventilation intake height

I’m looking for some input on what the optimum height might be for placing the input of my exhaust in a new room. I’m not a newb by any stretch , just trying to make the most efficient use of $. The air conditioning influx comes out and up at about 7 feet blowing towards the ceiling . There is a ceiling fan as well as your standard oscillating and box fan for necessary air circulation. For now the primary exhaust will be a typical inline 750 cfm fan with the intake into the filter and out thru attic. Considering the given , ie. warm air rises - cold air falls and while trying to make the best of my cooling efforts as well as my ventilation needs in a 12x12x8 ft. room that will average 75 - 77 f at 50 - 60 rh . At least initially the exhaust will not be thermostatically controlled. Most likely run on high for the much needed odor control. What might you great guys and gals have for advice ? One other question if you’ll bare with me. What do the manufacturers of these inline exhaust fans prefer when it comes to the best for moving air and longevity of the fans in regards to drawing thru or blowing into the typical charcoal filter ? Love and peace.

1 Like

Cool air comes in from the bottom so “cool air intakes” should always be mounted low and “hot air exhaust” up high

Also for longevity of your filter, don’t use it in veg. You don’t need it then because the plants don’t smell that bad and you’ll get better air flow

3 Likes