Wanna watch?

i use UV in my main flowering lights. the light that is flowering that single plant, i dont normally use nor does it have UV

3 Likes

Why and red? It goes through the leaf undisrupted or reflected black. The spinach test on cannabis would settle the question.

Spinach test for light absorption and reflection based on pigmentation in leaf.

2 Likes

The IR is included in the NanoTech t-5 florescent. It’s either on or off. I will check into the spinach test. Thank you.

Some guys like to use the t-5 Nano Tech bars with HPS entire flower or last 2 weeks. They work good indoors for starting tomatoes before going outside as I have a 3k and 6400k to use over seedlings.

They cheap and flimsy if you ask me but low profile and can daisy chain. Warm, inefficient, and like all t-5 bulbs only last so long.

K

4 Likes

i have a 8 bulb t5 i use for veg. the bulbs are the power veg FS+UV. good set up for vegging. my main floweri g lights run UV FS IR. i find the Cree diodes to work the best for me. stay away from epistar or bridgelux.

3 Likes

Cool, do you add any extra UV during flower with the T-5?

I know a guy that has amazing results with simple T-5 setups with all Veg bulbs for hibiscus. I’m really thinking the UV helps and the natural spectrum of florescent works really well but use lots of power with a full garage.

The plants are not huge and bushey but the color, size, and amount of flowers is really something and will last days compared to 1 day outside fried by the sun.

K

4 Likes

So my T5 setups are just for veg. i have found througn ppfd, par, etc they just dont cut it. not to say it cant be done. Just not my preference.
My typical Flowering systems include 10w UV tubes per every 500w of flower lights. Mostly consisting of Cree diodes, and CXB 3590 cobs.
The T5 is a great choice for early veg, mid veg, clones, seedlings. Shelf growing allows maximum use of the t5 system. Doing the typical GPW formula on multi tests have confirmed this already.

3 Likes

updated pics. rolling on business as usual.

4 Likes

We are very close on the flowering female. and seeing some pretty nice growth out of the others in veg.

@TheMadFlascher seeing results for sure. i will have some stuff for you hopefully soonish.

5 Likes

Nice. :shushing_face:don’t tell anyone. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Thomas, no worries…

3 Likes

They are such nice brancers. Can’t to see flowers fill out.

3 Likes

she is showing some color now on the top fan leaves.

3 Likes

This is the time for color. Can you see the difference in the leaves doing most of the work making food and pushing it to the Flowers? I Rember in Cana that the leaves on the axial flowering branches get giant paduncles. They are giant carbohydrates factories. All the PK1 has been produced by this time.

From the voices in head
Ethan

1 Like

The plan was to get her living in around 70 degress day time. and around 60-55 at night. The thing about this plant is she was just a random seed. when i did my breeding of these last year. I had seeds everywhere. so i had a handfull of these on a table. I grabbed one seed. Tossed it in the soil directly. and just left it alone. only minor defoliation was done. I wanted to see how these specimen grew in “naturally”. Hopefully she will color. Some of the coloring can be atteibutted to temps. Some of it is also the leaves doing thier end life job. she hasnt had food or water for about a week. I tend to starve my plants the last two weeks.

2 Likes

Definitely a way to add stress. Colors are fun.

I just want to get the total growth cycle down for maximum yield and my gut tells me we are missing something.

1 Like

what are you having trouble with?

2 Likes

Every grower define a plan for growing a floricultue crop. They basically follow a best of practice plan.

In cannabis the grow practices are all over the place. Some bigger growers have defined good practices, some small boutique growers have great practices, but some are still planting by the dark of night.

I just want great practices based on the goal of the grow flower vs concentrate.
I see lots of things we can do better. I try to keep my mouth shut and put good research out for growers to use.

Enough with cultivars we have thousands. Let’s pick the ones for best flowering and best concentrate, cultivars. 10 of each and let’s clean up the genetic of 20 to get consist production.

Rember cannabis is a commodity for the grower. The grower needs to have the lowest inputs and the highest outputs.

We are ready for a big grower crisis like in 1973-4 and again like in the early 1980’s with farm crisis. All types of farming are on the brink of a big shake out.

From the voices in my head.
Ethan

Cc: @Growernick, @Farmer_Dan, @nick, @Hunter

2 Likes

So you need help with what? i didnt totally understand what you are asking?

2 Likes

She is now down and drying. The others have moved to a new thread. follow along there at:

3 Likes

These took off like crazy. Excellent work on cultivating.

2 Likes