Wanna watch?

These were just taken.
id be happy to send you some of these to grow. i think this one is in the 25% group for a f1. this isnt what im looking for hunting wise. but this is the first test of these, no room for larger test.

No color as of yet. We are just coming into week six. so we will see.

3 Likes

Simply beautiful. I want to do the spinach test.

3 Likes

Tom,

What are your criteria and characteristics for the perfect Cannabis plant. Please enumerate and provide visual examples.

For example, this purely my opinion and no disrespect is intended. So these are my likes.

1. I like Cannabis that show free branching with little center stem dominance. The seem to me to provide better flowering per volumetric area. And lower input from a labor standpoint.

2. I personally like Cannabis that shows excessive pigmentation. They seam to me to be sweeter and less bitter. Smother smoke.

2.5 I personally want a plant with a nice balance of THC to CBD. 2:1 ratio. I am old school and this gives me the smoke I most like. The oils I have tried in this ratio give me the best medical benefits. I have better movement, better pain control, better cognitive function and better control of my fear response.

1. I like Cannabis that has very strong branches.

2. I like self pruning plants. This really more of point 1.

3. I like plants that have an even bud maturation. Think of a Cannabis that flowered like Mum or poinsettia. I don’t like when the flowering maturation is uneven. This would cost me more in production.

4. Diseases resistant

5. Triploid — in wild spors that have seen, this seem to have really outstanding dry weight and excessive secondary plant compounds. And show a natural resistance to mites. I think as a breedin trait goal. Here is the pattented cultivar that is sterile. Lots of money for people to grow my pot. A charge for every cutting. Money in the bank for every plant someone else growing plants of my making. World domination of the best pot. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Your ideas please!

Every one will have an option. I would like yours. Can you see the flower judge in me :blush:

From the voices in my head.
Ethan.

2 Likes

I love this question. This might be the most under asked question. Thank you.

Visual symmetry, For me this is important. Pure aesthetics. Just something I happen to like.

Structure of the flowers. Foxtails are a turn off.

Visual signs of a healthy strong well kept plant. These sighns should be obvious to most.

Pigmentation I a huge fan of the flowers, However no pigment isnt a deal breaker.

Smell Im not big on these fruity dime a dozen. Some of my personal favorites smell like death,compost,with flower sweet hints. Sickening yet sweet. The kind you just cant ever get enough of its smell, let alone taste.

Bud density in this world of PGRs having a nice and organic flower is nice. For some this isnt something achievable with chemicals.

Organic Clean, think that covers that.

A plant that visually shows no stress or burn. I personally dont use a bunch of products to push my plants. I keep it simple, not over complicated

Growers attitude. Some guys out here IDK how to say this, maybe dont represent themselves or this plant properly.

To kinda wrap this up. Mostly its visual. Looking over most plants you can spot the issues. For me these flowers are all sooo beautiful. I totally enjoy watchig them blossom. each different yet them same. Im looking for uniformity, looking for a purpose. I like to see a clear vision for each plant. They all have thier own story to tell. Sometimes we tell if right. Sometimes not well enough. I could keep going. However i think im going to go eat. Goodnight.

2 Likes

Tom those are looking good and thanks for the photos. This is an interesting subject white light with or without color led purple or magenta.
When you say you added UV as in T5 bars or UV bulbs?
Does it help with trichomes or any reaction to the plant protecting itself from UV? Do you use UVB?
I do like the Sunblaster Nano Tech T-5 bars 3k and 5k tubes for UVA,UVB and gentle IR.

3 Likes

I would add UV for only two reasons great for additional fungus control. 5 min an hour.

And it is probably a good stressor for secondary plant compounds.

2 Likes

i use UV in my main flowering lights. the light that is flowering that single plant, i dont normally use nor does it have UV

3 Likes

Why and red? It goes through the leaf undisrupted or reflected black. The spinach test on cannabis would settle the question.

Spinach test for light absorption and reflection based on pigmentation in leaf.

2 Likes

The IR is included in the NanoTech t-5 florescent. It’s either on or off. I will check into the spinach test. Thank you.

Some guys like to use the t-5 Nano Tech bars with HPS entire flower or last 2 weeks. They work good indoors for starting tomatoes before going outside as I have a 3k and 6400k to use over seedlings.

They cheap and flimsy if you ask me but low profile and can daisy chain. Warm, inefficient, and like all t-5 bulbs only last so long.

K

4 Likes

i have a 8 bulb t5 i use for veg. the bulbs are the power veg FS+UV. good set up for vegging. my main floweri g lights run UV FS IR. i find the Cree diodes to work the best for me. stay away from epistar or bridgelux.

3 Likes

Cool, do you add any extra UV during flower with the T-5?

I know a guy that has amazing results with simple T-5 setups with all Veg bulbs for hibiscus. I’m really thinking the UV helps and the natural spectrum of florescent works really well but use lots of power with a full garage.

The plants are not huge and bushey but the color, size, and amount of flowers is really something and will last days compared to 1 day outside fried by the sun.

K

4 Likes

So my T5 setups are just for veg. i have found througn ppfd, par, etc they just dont cut it. not to say it cant be done. Just not my preference.
My typical Flowering systems include 10w UV tubes per every 500w of flower lights. Mostly consisting of Cree diodes, and CXB 3590 cobs.
The T5 is a great choice for early veg, mid veg, clones, seedlings. Shelf growing allows maximum use of the t5 system. Doing the typical GPW formula on multi tests have confirmed this already.

3 Likes

updated pics. rolling on business as usual.

4 Likes

We are very close on the flowering female. and seeing some pretty nice growth out of the others in veg.

@TheMadFlascher seeing results for sure. i will have some stuff for you hopefully soonish.

5 Likes

Nice. :shushing_face:don’t tell anyone. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Thomas, no worries…

3 Likes

They are such nice brancers. Can’t to see flowers fill out.

3 Likes

she is showing some color now on the top fan leaves.

3 Likes

This is the time for color. Can you see the difference in the leaves doing most of the work making food and pushing it to the Flowers? I Rember in Cana that the leaves on the axial flowering branches get giant paduncles. They are giant carbohydrates factories. All the PK1 has been produced by this time.

From the voices in head
Ethan

1 Like

The plan was to get her living in around 70 degress day time. and around 60-55 at night. The thing about this plant is she was just a random seed. when i did my breeding of these last year. I had seeds everywhere. so i had a handfull of these on a table. I grabbed one seed. Tossed it in the soil directly. and just left it alone. only minor defoliation was done. I wanted to see how these specimen grew in “naturally”. Hopefully she will color. Some of the coloring can be atteibutted to temps. Some of it is also the leaves doing thier end life job. she hasnt had food or water for about a week. I tend to starve my plants the last two weeks.

2 Likes