Want to make my own feminized seeds

I would like to produce pollen from a female plant and then pollinate another female with that pollen to produce feminized seeds. I have just received some colloidal silver and as soon as one of my clones gets old enough I’m going to start the application process to attempt to morph the plant. I have also read that if you allow a female plant to flower past it’s harvest time as a last ditch effort it will produce male pollen sacs in an effort to propagate itself. Have any of you guys ever tried this? Anyone know anything about the success rate of this type of pollen production? How long pass normal harvest does it generally take? I have a plant that has been flowering for a month now that I’m thinking of trying this method on. Anyone know any surefire methods of stressing the plant to make it grow nanners? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Below is a link to a PDF that explains the correct solution for feminizing plants to use and how to prepare it. I’ve ordered from the chemical supplier that made this sheet and been very happy, but any chemical supply store should have silver thiosulfate and silver nitrate. I have not tried to feminize a plant myself, but I have done quite a bit of reading and watched a very good talk from the guy from Brothers Grimm Seeds who bred Cinderella 99. I’ll try to find it to post. He has a few good talks on breeding. He’s the one who turned me onto this solution and made me do some more reading about it. This is the solution you want, not colloidal silver.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://phytotechlab.com/media/documents/TechnicalLiterature/PreparationOfSTSsolution.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj2xfLNn-PkAhWQr54KHZIsCGYQFjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1f9qupoCpjNOV9Kw3UCCyR

4 Likes

Thanks for the link and the input but unfortunately I am in an area so remote even common things are sometimes not available. The seeds I just got today took over 3mos. to receive. That is one of the reasons I want to produce seeds. I also love to dick around with this shit so I’ll be trying any method I can get my hands on. Do you know of any way to stress a plant to make it hermie? How about letting the plant go past its prime to force it to try and pollinate itself. Maybe change the light cycle to like 6 light, 18 dark when she’s fully mature? I have no idea but I’m sure you guys know. I can google this stuff but I trust the answers on this forum more without having to sift through all the BS.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/xeWF7v1kgT4 here’s that talk from the guy who bred Cinderella 99, Mr. Soul. Lots of great information.

2 Likes

Great video! @devjyarn Lots of really good info. I am a step by step kinda guy so step #1 is producing pollen. Once I have that I will proceed to step #2 which is pollinate. I am not interested in pursuing getting into the depths of breeding past getting fem seeds. I’m going to try roderization on a plant that is in it’s 5th wk of flower. I am also going to try colloidal silver since that is what I have and I can easily make more in my remote location. Once I have done this I will start looking for a source for the ingredients to make STS solution. Does anyone know if I can harvest most of the buds and then try the roderization technique on the remaining branch or will that interfere with the process? Hopefully at the end of all my experiments I will be able to speak with some knowledge about the process. Maybe 2 or 3 years.

1 Like

In another video I watched Mr. Soul said colloidal silver will work too, so give it a go. As I said, I’ve never done it myself, but he seemed like the most knowledgeable person to learn from. I’ve never heard of roderization, but I’d love to hear more.

Where in the world are you located?

1 Like

Mexico. Soon to be legal, ojala.

I have always heard the strength of the colloidal silver is suppose to be 50ppm

Roderization is just letting the plant go as long as you can and since it didn’t get pollinated it self “pollinates” to stay “alive”… plants are far more advanced than us… wish I could self pollinate and live longer…lol…

5 Likes

I’ve done enough self pollination in my life. I prefer to pollinate females. LOL.

4 Likes

When I was cutting monster cropped clones for my cloner I cut 3 baby cuttings about 3 inches long and threw them into a peat pot and domed them. No roots on the bubble cloner but this little cutie is peeking out. 22 days.

I’m going to use them to try to either force them to herme or if the roderization works on the plant I have in flower now I will use that pollen to pollinate this plant. I am thinking now that because of the time it takes to reveg monster crops I might just do regular clones and get my plants into production much faster even if they are less robust. Quick question. Should I try and remove the peat pot or just plant the whole thing?

2 Likes

Chopped everything except one cola and I’m going to try the rodelization method. Anybody out there try it? Should I do some other things to stress her? Split the stem? 24 hrs. of light? Inquiring minds want to know.

I got a dozen or so seeds on an older plant… I left some bud on every one to see what happens…

2 Likes

What happened? I don’t know if I’m going to be able to stress this one enough to produce pollen. Her sister clone got half the plant broken off at 3 or 4 weeks. I beat the crap out of her every day dragging her in and out. I missed waterings and feedings. This is the last shot. If she won’t start throwing out nanners now, she won’t ever. I had about 20% amber when I cut her so I estimate a week to 10 days to see if she starts trying to pollinate herself. Does that sound about right?

I still have 3 or so weeks… I will have to chime in later…

2 Likes

We have 500 million non-feminized CBD hemp seeds they be perfect for a large large grow in Mexico

I can barely take care of 2 or 3 plants. lol

Here’s a pic of the bud I tried to rodelize.

Here’s a pic of the thrichs.
amber%20
Looks like Trump’s hair. LOL. I would definitely say she was past optimum harvest time. LOL. This was a clone from a DP seed from ILGM. I have never seen a plant of any kind take the abuse that was heaped on her. She was one tough bitch. Next is the colloidal. I have 5 monster clones all revegged and doing well. I am also searching for the compounds needed to make STS. I am bound and determined to produce feminized pollen and I would really like it to be from this strain cause like I said, she’s one tough bitch and that’s what my climate requires.

3 Likes

I think the plant you treat with silver needs to be put into flower about 3 weeks before the female you’re pollinating to allow the plant to mature enough to make pollen. I’ll try to look through my notes and confirm that. It’s too bad she didn’t give you any seeds, but at least now you know you’ve got a few tough bitches that aren’t going to hermie on you.

3 Likes

That was my thinking. If I can get pollen off of her I am going to produce my own female seeds and I won’t have to wait 4 to 6 months for them. Right now I have sprouted a Crown Royal and a Chocolope for a friend and I will be able to get clones off both of those as well as the DP. I also have WW that has just started it’s third set of leaves and I’ll be cloning the crap out of her also. After massacring enough cuttings to build a tiki hut I have finally gotten proficient and confidant enough to grow just clones. I only know 2 hobby growers within a 500 mile radius and they are growing bag seeds. Once Mexico legalizes I’ll be way ahead on my personal plants and be able to help others.

4 Likes