Was prescribed CBD by my doctor last week

I’ve been struggling with lower back pain for the past couple of months. I’ve thrown out my back before and normally I have a week of pain and stiffness, take a bunch of Advil, and then I’m back to normal. This time the pain didn’t go away so I finally had to go see my doctor. He sent me for physical therapy, prescribed me some non-opiate pain relief, and the final thing he suggested was a topical CBD ointment to rub on the affected muscles. They even stocked the CBD ointment in their apothecary so I was able to purchase some on the spot.

This is the first time I’ve had a medical professional actually recommend such a treatment, so it was nice to see that become part of a medical treatment plan. Granted, my doctor is friendly to alternative medical therapies, but still a nice surprise. I had my first pain-free day in about 6 weeks yesterday, which is like having a new lease on life.

Have any of you had a similar experience with any of the health professionals you visit?

4 Likes

Hi Nicholas,

Man oh man I could go on and on with this topic. We work with MD’s that are working with many alternative treatments and CBD/THC is high (No pun intended) on the list. Myself I use a high CBD tincture daily and titrate it myself with either an Indica or Sativa tincture as needed for my pain management program. I even give the CBD tincture to my German Shepherd with elbow dysplasia.

I had a bad motorcycle accident and went through much physical therapy and ended up on the opiate bandwagon, and have not had to use a pharmaceutical in 8 years. I do use salves and even have squirted tincture on achy body parts, however I feel it’s better to address it first from the inside and use anything on the outside as a supplemental treatment. Finding the correct cannabis medicine for yourself and how you like to administer it is paramount.

Gene

4 Likes

Sorry about your motorcycle accident and glad to hear you’ve found a good regimen. I haven’t tried CBD through an oral route but I might have to give that a shot. So far my back is improving with physical therapy which is good news. One of my dogs is getting advanced in years and having some arthritis issues so CBD might be a good option for her as well.

2 Likes

HI there,
I here different things about the effectiveness or lack there of from CBD based from cannabis and based from hemp. Since we don’t have studies, or very few, perhaps people would like to share some of their own opinions? I’m rrecently been contacted by hemp farmers looking for markets. Apparently the market is more mature in OR & CO than here in CA. I have not yet heard much interest from dispensary or delivery services.
Angela

3 Likes

Hello Angela,

Cannabis is a bio-accumulator meaning even if it’s grown organic it will pull environmental toxins our of the air and soil. For instance, there can be heavy metals in the soil that might not be tested for that end up in your product. It takes much more hemp material to get the same amount of CBD than if you use a strain based CBD plant. it’s possible you end up with more environmental toxins with hemp even if it was grown organically.

I feel it’s much better to obtain your CBD from cannabis that is breed for high CBD. You don’t want to possibly cause more issues or damage to yourself when you want to achieve maximum benefits and health.

Gene

1 Like

Thank you Gene,
There are definitely different schools of thought. I’ve come across the 99% pure isolate from Hemp, hemp oil, cannabis CBD oil, cannabis cbd oil supplemented with hemp oil, isolate etc. It goes on and on. There is also the thought of the entourage effect and the “whole plant medicine” experience.
I myself am very sensitive to THC. I’m still experimenting.
Thank you for sharing.
Angela

1 Like

You bet Angela,
You are correct in this every growing industry there are many different schools of thought. Self-experimentation is key! I myself am also very sensitive to THC. I would recommend a ratio of something in the range of 18:1 or above that like a 24:1 CBD /THC even a very small amount of THC does help the CBD work better in most cases, but not all. We will have to check out your organization.

Cheers,
Gene

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree with you more. I’ve been experimenting with a 4:1 and a drop of 1:1 at bedtime and have been feeling groggy in the morning. I’m trying to use to sleep. I’m not sure if tinctures are going to be the ticket for me. I might try a high end vaporizer to vape some flower. I’m not a big fan of oils at this point. THC can give me heart racing experiences. I’ll have to look at our book of products (you’d think I’d find something for myself with having a marketplace), to keep experimenting.
Be well, thank you for sharing Gene
Angela

2 Likes

If you ever feel like speaking I can give you some direction.
Gene

1 Like

Hello Angela,

What are your purchasing protocols? Do people list their own inventory or do you purchase wholesale? We run a delivery service and work with cultivators in N. Calif.

Thanks,
Gene
Grass Valley Health & Wellness
530 575 7841

2 Likes

Hello Gene,people do both we do some wholesaling, consignment, distribution. We love working with delivery services. I personally like small business. Call me anytime if you need help 7079710616 Angela

1 Like