Washington State start up

We are in the starting the process of a tier 2 producer and processor license transfer. Our lawyer will be sending the purchase contracts to the license holder shortly. Just looking for advice from any Washington growers on the approval process and what to look for and be prepared for. We are strictly indoor growing. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

2 Likes

at royal knight we can help with organic bulk materials and put a effective efficient planting materials budget. As well help facilitate through the whole grow . I know the guys DC and its about to explode. Good luck

1 Like

Hi Ralpht,

Thank you but I should have specified we are in Washington State.

1 Like

Learn the regs inside and out. If you don’t know them, they won’t follow them. We were one of the first tier 2 p/p’s ever licenced.

1 Like

Yes I have been studying them but we will have to get more info the tracking system. They are changing the company who does the tracking? If they approve what we send them for our facility when we build it as long as it follows that we should have no problem on final inspection? Also the first 15 days after approval we can bring in seeds and genetics from anywhere? Thanks for the reply-

1 Like

Hello,

my advice.

get a very good accountant. consider a book keeper service unless you will have someone dedicated to it

research 3rd party tracability programs such as Mister Kraken, Weedtraqr etc… they tend to be more helpful than biotrack or soon to be MJfreeway.

make sure you have a lot of capital to sustain your business for 9 to 12 months.

be realistic on your expected sales volume and profit margins.

-Dan

1 Like

Dan we do have a good accountant and hopefully our capital is good enough to sustain us through the first 12 months but we could always use more. We are very realistic about profit margins.

I didn’t know you could use any 3rd party tracking system. Good to know-

Thanks-
Mike

1 Like

Are you guys strictly outdoor farming?

1 Like

Hello

for this year yes for the most part, We did a test green house grow which went well and plan to expand on that next year but for 2017 harvest it will consist of 1550 plants all in 100g pots.

Dan

2 Likes

Wow those are huge pots! You must get a great yield per plant. I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind sharing what you use for pest management? Everyone gets them and I know we will eventually. I am hoping to develop an IPM that is preventative instead of reactive. I have seen the list of approved pesticides but are only familiar with a few.

Thanks-
Mike

1 Like

not sure how to reply privately on this forum - email me direct @ daniel@fourdub.com

1 Like

You can private message people by clicking on their avatar icon and then clicking on the Message button. That sends a private message to them.

3 Likes

Its a tough time to be entering the WA state production/processing side. Prices have continued to drop and if you arent getting in a crop this year, you wont have any revenue til next winter. There are a ton of questions that would need to be answered to really find out where your pitfalls are. We all go through them, so just find some good people you trust and lean on them to help you get going, talk to them about all of your plans and see what mistakes they can find. The more people you can do that with the better. I agree on using 3rd party traceability we use Grow Flow. Also we use Todd Arkley for accounting.

1 Like

hmm Just re-read, you are indoor, I got your post confused with fourdub. Getting indoor going is good. If you have money buy outdoor flower and process it to get revenue coming in quickly!

1 Like

Thanks yes we will be indoors and I appreciate you replying. Just getting the contracts drawn up for the license transfer so it may be a bit but very excited.

2 Likes