Watering plants ………

I have a plant in a hothouse and it’s in a pot , I’m finding I almost have to water it everyday as the leaves are dropping and then get better after water but was wondering if it’s normal? Thanks

7 Likes

Hi @johnnyr1027

Yes, in a good environment cannabis needs water everyday, especially in a hothouse. How big is your pot, are all the roots getting water. Post pictures, lets see?

7 Likes

As Chris says it is normal for some droop when watering or prior to watering if it is dry. What size pots what kind of medium and how often do u water them. If soil u wanna water til runoff then leave it be til it feels air light again use 2 finger pinch method. Grab pot with a pinch of 2 fingers and try to lift u’ll know the differences in weight if it has water or not. But yes a hothouse def gonna most likely be a watering a day

8 Likes

This one is roughly 11 weeks old . It’s looking healthy in this picture but noticed in life’s days that the leaves can drop midday and then I water and it comes back to life . I just don’t want to over water. This is the first time I’ve grown in a hot house and it gets very warm

7 Likes

It looks like a fairly large plant for the pot size if your using soil you could try up potting so the plant has more water and soil to pull from
Edit: It’s a beautiful plant by the way it looks like your doing a great job

6 Likes

Yes that’s a great idea and I wish I could but if it gets too big it won’t fit in the greenhouse well I’m thinking
. Thanks for helping :blush:

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing the picture. Do you think the roots are growing through the bottom, I am guessing they are. Maybe dig a little hole under the pot, put some fresh soil and let it root into the ground through the pot. That is one suggestion, because it will give the plants roots cooler soil. and you dont have to stress the plant with transplanting.

Trimming the plant from the bottom could be a good idea, you dont need the small stems at the bottom, so cut everything off the main stem from the bottom of the pot to about 1.5 feet up. Also consider tying the plant down to the sides, this you can save space, train your plant to manage the small space better.

6 Likes

Thanks , Chrisj :pray: I have never heard about digging hole under but I’ll do it because I just went and had a look at the bottom and I can see roots thanks so much for that . a few hours after I posted the photo it was drooping again so definitely probably the problem . I’m scared to cut it that much but I’ll think about it if it’s not too late for it to be stressed like that? :blush: thanks legend

7 Likes

Just wanted to say thank you so much for your advice about a digging hole and putting the pot over it to help the roots grow … it saved both my plants and after a week or so never had an issue with under watering again :blush:

6 Likes

Absolute pleasure and glad it worked. How your plants looking, you have some nice flowers?

4 Likes

The one up the back and the one on the left in small black pot are both in the soil and for some reason the one on the right never had any issues cheers man

6 Likes

ohhh lovely, looking damn good and only a couple more weeks to a happy harvest. Thanks for sharing your updates. Keep us posted, love seeing updates.

5 Likes