Ways to handle powery mildew

So I noticed some white dust on the leafs in the flower room and I suspect it’s powdery mildew. What can I do to help this situation out? I don’t really want to give them a spray of water or milk and bring on mold. Any ideas or tips? I’ll post some pics this evening when the light comes on. The effected plant is about 6 weeks into flower and didn’t see any in any others.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Yes sir thats 100% powdery mildew i dealt with it 2 cycles ago heavy and in a single clone last run took 2 weeks HEAVILY cleaned started all new genetics with a higher resistance to mold/mildew sorry man this shit is terrible

5 Likes

The last time I had any I only had 3 plants and I sprayed the milk solution on my hand and wiped down everything with my CLEAN fingers. Luckily I caught it quickly and this took care of the problem and then did a H2O2 rinse when I harvested. Took some time but no bud rot.

5 Likes

The first time I used SM-90 and it kicked ass. Too bad that stuff is off the market. Great for several types of plant infirmities. I still have about a half liter of my stash left.

4 Likes

Ya it’s a great surficant .I’d just use the sponge method if just a few plants like u said.if u feel u have to treat around buds use plain old ph’d water adjusted to pH 9 sounds funny but it will work and not throw off any weird flavors.this is advice from a actual master grower he knows his stuff for sure.try calcium bicarbonate u can buy it as earth juice natural up.its cheap and main ingredient in green cure

9 Likes

@mavsherbs thought h should be over here as well;)

3 Likes

WOW! What a great tip. I’ll definitely give that a whack next time I have a problem. :+1:

5 Likes

I’ll have to give them a treatment tonight and try to get a hold on it quick before it can spread more. I’m gonna take some paper towels and wet them with 1 part milk to 3 parts water and give each leaf a wipe and defoliate the bottom a little. I’ll have to get another fan to get the air flow better now that I’m in a bigger space. I’m thinking it may have started when I was expanding my flower space last weekend. I unplugged everything for the day and it got up in the 80s RH and high 70s temp in the tent before I noticed it. I’ve haven’t had not one issue till now and been at it for about 6months. Not even a nutrient deficiency. Been lucky so far.

6 Likes