Weed prices in today's market?

@chasfitter bought some smalls of NYC Diesel buds the size of the tip of your

pinky

paid over 100 bucks but not much more, showed it to someone and they were like “you got so beat”

smoked the fire and they wanted to paid 10 bucks for a 1 gram joint

had to say sorry no sale :wink:

they bought 1/8’s of big buds for 70 $

go figure

Dequilo

6 Likes

I always wondered if you had some real schwag Reggie seeds and you grew them properly indoors with nutrients etc. How would they come out ? Good bud?

7 Likes

Yes and no , Most turn out pretty good. I liked the sativas and anyone who tried it was impressed for what it was , the couple haze leaners I found I didn’t care for. Kinda weak and just didn’t really taste good. At some point I would like to pop some more post some pics hoping to find the sativa again . Get some clones and make some seeds :+1::+1::v:

5 Likes

When you grow the schwag seeds and take care of the plants do they still have seeds in the buds ?

5 Likes

No seeds , unless a male pops and pollen is produced, the female plants are seedless

4 Likes

. This was the sativa leaner I want to find again

7 Likes

I grew them outdoors from schwag mexican that turned out fire before.

5 Likes

Hell this is glookies indica but known for huge heavy buds.

8 Likes

In #Ecuador

• Legal weed <1% THC ~ USD 800 / kg premium quality, so production cost ~ 130/kg
  • Street flowers about USD 0.50 per gram
  • Prensado (brick, worst quality) about USD 0.30 per gram
7 Likes

I was just talk with an outside grower here west of me in New York

has been supplying retail shops with weed

went to see one of the shops to show them some outside fire and they said they would

pay 500 a pound

poor growers is broke at the end of the season and dreams are going up in smoke

lots and lots of weed around for sale here

I am so glad I grow for my head and work for my money :slight_smile:

need to do an inside run just because I am getting bored

be safe and stay free

Dequilo

9 Likes

I was just talking to someone and they were saying some place in East Hampton mass is selling high quality ounces for a hundred. I let a bunch of people I know that I had some for sale and like three of them said they are growing haha. Everyone is growing at home and the markets are saturated lol . Kind of a beautiful thing If you think about it !! Not good if your trying to make money though.

7 Likes

Exactly, the dispensaries are still charging between $60-80 an eight. But on the street it is going for $90 an ounce. There is just no money in it, that’s why I don’t even bother with growing enough to sell. Simply not worth it. And it isn’t junk either, it’s top-notch smoke.

It’s fricking everywhere, I know of at least 20 people that don’t have cultivation licenses that have it going in their backyards, I can see the prices coming down to $20-30 an ounce. You can’t even pay the electric bill inside at those prices. I knew this was going to happen when it went legal everywhere. If anyone has ever spent just the time to clean and cure a pound will know exactly what I’m talking about, that is way cheaper an hour labor than I am willing to go to jail for. And the sad fact is that if you don’t have a license and get caught growing, it is still just as bad as it every was penalty wise. Cultivation is a bigger sentence than selling.

Marty

8 Likes

It’s kinda sad that it’s worked out like this seriously not to mention that Big Business is buying it all up an then the prices drop even more idk I haven’t been to a dispo up here except the Medical one an it was WAYYYY over priced the shit I just grew (falcon heavy or Splitz at that fact) would blown the MAJORITY of the stuff around here out of the water I am lucky in the since I know 85% of the people in the industry up here but yea money is going to be obsolete if they keep it up at this pace

10 Likes

Todays market is driving the black market back up because natural medicines shoud be free for all! Its only a magician slight of hand distraction. The cannabis industry will not run for very long. Its not sustainable to themz giving how they view Natrual medicine (government peeeps)

6 Likes

90% of my clients are medical card holders. I still get three hundred a zip here. But i also have had some of these clients for 15yrs before it was legal. And i alway give em some free hash or keefe as a bonus. I mean every one likes free stuff and a little baggie of keefe is awesome. Sometimes i give em some hash but not always.

10 Likes

I SEE old seeds to use as a baseline to find those genetics that were lost. Whether its terps or how the plants stacks etc. I practiced with reggie seeds when I first started so I didnt mess up those expensive seeds.

Then I grew reg,mids and higher quality genetics as a comparison. Of course the higher quality seeds won. Most new strains always smell similar.

I noticed the trichomes on reg werent as prominent as the mids or HQ. Now environment is a huge factor but genetics is a bigger one.

The reg seeds I had some fatties but didnt hit as hard. I had some that had a mint terp but didnt wanna breed at the time. I have pics on here from some bag seed I grew and they were purple but Im not a oh its purple person. I’M A TRICHOME PERSON lol.

Also had one that was very skunky and another that smelled heavy of pepper.

8 Likes

Just depends. Most people dont want to pay the price for quality herb when they can go to a dispo. Times are tough and most are ok with mids.

You have to consider your time,are you delivering how long have you known the customers becasue the stress is not worth it when you have people that will rob you for bud becasue they dont wanna pay your prices.

If they get caught and snitch etc. Dispo have the space to grow mids or high quality and charge cheap prices. I KNOW i used to work at a dispo as a cultivation tech.

Most ppl think black market dealers are sketchy and would rather just go to a store and minimize their danger and cost. Then there’s people that are oh its from a dispo so its good or they look for the latest strain that rappers talk about example runtz, cookies etc.

DO you wanna risk it for the biscuit? Add up your yearly expenses and go from there. You also have to have so many customers min of 15 to make an ok amount. Usually u can work a regular job and get paid more now and days.

Like preybird said ppl like free but that only takes you so far. I used to hook people up free edibles or even extra 2-3 grams in a sack just to keep them happy.

7 Likes

A lot comes into play when you sell it’s a business. The law and those fines jail time, lawyers etc are not cheap. I say find ppl u can trust that always want quality.

Start high but not to high no pun intended and take care of those people who are true customers. Eventually you will have to drop prices.

I’ve met and know so many growers that were killing it in the black market but eventually stopped because of dispos and prices to keep their stuff going equipment, nutrients, more people being grimy and scamming or outright robbing.

Like another person said dreams going up in smoke. You’re trying to compete agains corporations with share holders and that’s a doosey.

Main thing is risk. I lost my brother to people who robbed and killed him when it was still in the beginning phases of legality and sometimes that still happens.

Better herb higher the risk. Anyways i’m ranting good luck on whatever choice you take and stay safe man.

7 Likes

Mind the majority of black market dealers don’t give a shit in the pig sty slums… anything is game, no laws but they will pay the ultimate price at the end.
Theirs different types of black market dealers.
The posh ones, the middle class ones and the slums!

Lower Class, Slum dealers just want to get them hooked, lace it or says its cali this or cali that, when its not, get the money and hide it under the carpets. Metaphysically!

Middle class dealers are pretty decent, mostly repackaged Higher Class stuff! They dont like getting there hands dirty and push stuff to the lower classes.

Top-class. well they run it all, the government stuff!

4 Likes

You aint getting a retainer w that.

1 Like