Wet vs dry Trimming

So Wednesday is the day my girls come down. I’m curious to see how many people at trim vs dry trim vs a mixture of both.

I plan on taking obvious leaves off but leaving the smaller leaves for now…

8 Likes

i cut off the big stuff, i leave all the sugars and hang the branches.

6 Likes

I like to wet trim. Only because dry trimming is such a PITA for me.

When I harvest, I also bud wash. I trim all the big leaves (and obvious stuff) off and dry/cure. I grow for personal use. I don’t care if the buds look nice for anyone else. lol!

6 Likes

Bud wash is a must… once you do it you will NEVER not do it again. No science in my game about 1/3 a bottle of hydrogen peroxide to 3/4 filled bucket (3.5 gal). Rinse of w mist setting on hose & drip dry w fan. I think it’s safe to say majority do some kind of both. I also find it easy to do some of the big fans and shit the night before while she’s still in her 48 hrs of dark and planted. Different strokes for everyone but that’s my .03¢

5 Likes

I’d take off your fan leaves then let everything dry at 55-60% Rh for 7-10 days @thatoneguy . Then trim your buds! You don’t want to disturb any of your precious trichomes till they dry 1st. That’s the tried and true way to having some topshelf flower. You’ve put so much work into getting this far. But it’s this last part that really makes your flower special, or just average…
You’ll need to give it at least 3 weeks to cure, but it’s really closer to 6-8 weeks when it’s almost done. The longer it cures the better it keeps getting…:call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

6 Likes

It was in the heyday of cannabis prohibition and guerilla grows that wet trimming became popular. It was just a way to simplify and speed things up. There’s no need for it in a home grow.
I feel like bud washing is more for outdoor grows, or if you had any kind of infestation you treated your plants for. Otherwise I wouldn’t suggest washing.
I’ve never had to do it, and the local growers I know don’t do it on indoor grows.
Outside grows, yes most people I know do some form of washing…
:v:

5 Likes

Good info :+1: I wasn’t sure whether or not I should take all the leaves off immediately. I’ll take the fan leaves off what little there are and let it dry before I trim.

I’ve also read that the leaves drying around the flower protects the trichomes.

6 Likes

thats what i read too. after my first harvest i didnt see the need to be so meticulous again. i smoke all of it anyway. if i give you free weed and you dont like the look of it, give it back

7 Likes

There is a lot out there on the subject, do a little research (like anything lol) and I think you’ll find it very enlightening. Heres a couple good articles and the search will lead you to volumes of info on this forum alone.

4 Likes

Ok fellas I need an auto trimmer lol this is way more than I thought. Any recommendations??

1 Like

I think my favorite method is to wet trim big leaves and leaves that don’t have trichs, then pretty them up after they dry.

4 Likes

Maybe check out the trim bag it’s for smaller amounts. I’ve heard a couple ppl use it. Plus then I can hear from you if it’s worth it …lol
Trim jail is about the worst part of growing i think. It was so much fun about the first hour of my first harvest… since then it’s seemed like work!

6 Likes

Yeah it does. But it feels so good when your finally get them cut and put into jars!

I’ve always wanted to try the 5-gallon bucket method.

4 Likes

I shuddered when I thought about how many of the trichomes were in the bottom of that bucket!!!

Gotta admit though it sure is fast and easy!

3 Likes

I feel the same way about the Trim Bag. It’s got to beat the hell out of your buds…

2 Likes

Ding ding…I make 3!!! LoL I’m sure there’s gotta be a kief collector or a method to it. I was always thinking it was kinda part of the process. It isn’t advertised as trimmer/collector bag though is it Loco… Hmmmmm

1 Like

I’d have to beat somebody if they did my buds that way!! 4 or 6 months of babying & do that?!
NO WAY

2 Likes

Anyone got a kick ass diagram of how trichs are attached. Is it like a hair follicle? I’ve seen ones showing like this but not up close of just leaf ¿anatomy¿ with the hairs and ducts what have you? How are they attached??

2 Likes