What are the best Nutrients to use for hydroponics and Coco and why?

What are the best nutrients to use and why let me k ow what you guys think and recommend. :blush::metal::+1:

1 Like

I have my opinions but I just don’t believe that the nutrients make the plant all that it can be.

Absolutely they need nutrients but from one brand too the next they are using the same elements from the same periodic table.

I would suggest refining your hydro grow skills as a top priority and go with a nutrient line that is cheap and simple

The Lucas formula is easy to follow and works well and rarely causes the plant to burn.

Here’s an article that explains how to do it with several different types of nutrients

5 Likes

I would agree with the above, the use of the nutrients, whatever brand, at the right amount, at the correct time are the critical elements to nutrients, not specific brands. I’ve seen so many great grows grown from many different brands.

2 Likes

N-P-K ratio is the most important , as far u meet the needs of plants with the micro and macro , you are good . For example N is coming in 3 forms : Nitrate , Urea and Ammonium sourced from the same things. What makes Gallon of Bloombastic 800$ and 50lbs of MaxiBloom 200$ i cant understand , because of the ''propriety blend ‘’ .The companies they felt the cannabis industry and now they go with all kind of schedules like 15 part schedule . I watched the video of VEG+Bloom owner with Nate , he was asked 10 times what makes his product better then others , he couldnt respond on that question , his answer was consistency , the liquid nutes you need to shake before use lol ; the powder ones u need to shake too . I need much better respond then that to buy product x4 times more then some others .

3 Likes

Right! That’s my thinking.

1 Like

Thank you guys. Great responses. :blush::+1:

3 Likes

@jonathanruiz Trust @tdubwilly he knows what’s he’s taking about

Cheers

Packee

2 Likes

@eldindupljak it’s all in marketing and capitalism with a touch of easy and no thinking.

There’s many more products you could say the same thing about imo

Packee

2 Likes

I use NPK industries products . That way I can adjust exactly what I think the plant needs. You learn a lot about what the plant needs and growing in general using this method . Most nutrients are created equal , they all have the same ingredients in them just varied amounts. So feeding charts created by these company’s are their growers opinion of what your plant will require at a particular cycle. Its a gamble any way . and don’t forget every strain has different amounts of nutrients. throw that variable in to the mix , and the type of media you use . After all that here is where the skill or artistry comes into play or even luck . Maybe you used the right nute and had the right soil and strain and weather . If it all comes together you have a killer crop. I could go on forever talking about Nutrients… Grow big ones!

4 Likes

I use the modified Lucas formula for growing in coco ( 6/9) and have never had an issue with plants. This way you can use any supplyer that makes a Micro/Grow/Bloom 3 part mix and eliminate the grow part( save money). This mix works great for all stages of growth. The only things you need to have on hand with this mix is some Cal/Mag and some epsom salts. Cal/Mag i us more when i am precharging my coco for reuse and the epsom salts for magnesium deficency (1 tablespoon per 5 gal of mix) Coco also requires a slight different ph then both hydro or soil, I like to dial it 5.8 for Veg and first few weeks of flower and then let it swing up to 6.2 to finish.
Running coco nuteriants this way is much more cost effective then running AN and all the additives.

2 Likes

I concur with their advice but I will add there are a few not to use.

Alaskan nutes leave a terrible white film on the top of your soil the next day that looks like a layer of mold on your soil and smell like your middle school lunch ladies armpits. :face_vomiting:

And if u go the Lucas route I would add a sweetener. Something like bembe bud candy or molasses

2 Likes

Sweetener feeds the microbes and keeps them producing the nutrients the plant needs. Especially during heavy flowering.

4 Likes

Yes i agree with the microbes and sweetner, i also use something else tric…Somthing lol can’t remeber how to spell it. its a fungus that works great for notil coco beads or pots. But first before you get into all that the base mix is what you need to learn and then start adding the bennies.

2 Likes

Bu’s brew makes a base mix u can start with and if u add unstrapped molasses, kelp, and some alfalfa and bubble it your plants will love that shit.

You won’t need any nutes through the grow at all. I can mix that tea 3 times during the grow starting when they lose their cots, next feed at transition and last is right before flush and can use ph water the rest of the time. That’s if u r in soil of course. I bubble it for 48 hr before feeding. U won’t feed any cheaper than that.

2 Likes