What are your different ways of using RSO? Also, can you make dabs from it?

https://forum.growersnetwork.org/t/re-seed-swapping/25119/4?u=bobette

1 Like

I think you can dab RSO. I sadly have to admit I was using RSO oil to improve the strength of my joints recently. Huge waste though.

1 Like

Can you explain “How”?
I have never tried and hear alot about dabs.

2 Likes

I am sure you do, cause seems everyone is doing dabs today. I dont particlarlily like dabs for a number of reasons, expensive and a slow process to get it up and running. You basically need a dab rig, a blow torch or enail and voila. Oh plus some dank concentrate. I would suggest getting out a bit and go to a canna fest and sure you will bump into someone that would be willing to give you a trial of a dab.

I used the RSO oil like hash and just smothered it into my joint, 3 - 5 lines, smashed some brick weed in and lit it up.

3 Likes

Nothing like some fresh greens… Dabs are a whole different level! Lol… Don’t plan on doing much for awhile :rofl:

1 Like

If you dry it/whip it/purge it, you can make dabs with it, for sure. I’d recommend using a QWET recipe, not a QWISO, because then you can also safely ingest it.

It won’t taste very good though, because of the high heat typically used to create RSO. It tastes worse than resin hits, if you ask me. But, in a pinch, it’ll eff you up, for sure. :grinning:

5 Likes

What do you mean "purge " it?

2 Likes

Have you tried taking the RSO orally? I have been putting it in capsules and taking it and it has really helped my fibromyalgia and my arthritis. It has been a God sent to me lately.

2 Likes

Get all the solvent removed, one way or another. Sitting it out and whipping it up works. Vacuum purging is the bee knees. If you don’t get the solvent out, you’ll be applying high heat to very flammable materials everytime you take a hit.

3 Likes

If u use alcohol to make oil evaporate the alcohol off for a cpl days before using vacuum purge (if u have a lexan lid it will destroy it) it will crack up bad and explode! Like a vacuum bomb. If u hear a crackling sound run away not towards the sound!!! For real lol. But i do love my purge it is great;) my new purge has a lid thats 2" thick im told it will last forever.the smaller pyrex dish chamber is a bit cheaper but wont last long, the seal is a stick on seal and the vacuum will pull it off after 25-50 runs. U can buy more seals but tge lid is thin and will give eventually.when it does its a bit scary haha

1 Like

Use this method to produce, RSO. You can dap it or make use it as a tincutre. Its fully decard’d as well no need to decard before hand.

2 Likes

I use rso daily in capsules. .2 gram 3 Xs a day. The benefits are astounding! My doctor still doesn’t believe it. I have Low T and have supplemented my testosterone for years. My #s shot up my last test so my doc cut my dose in half. I take synthroid and that dose was cut by half also. Now it gets interesting! I don’t take my metformin for my type 2 diabetes anymore. Used to take 35 units of lantus nightly, but now it’s only 10. I make my own from 80% of my harvests. That’s why I really started growing again. U can find cheap $60 ounces of b bud in Oregon with it’s oversupply and all. But certain strains work better for my condition’s than others. I’ve keyed in on those now and that’s what I’m growing. Now it took month’s to see the results and I have seen, plus I’ve consumed 92 grams so far. It takes a while to undo years of damage that’s been done to our bodies and to get it back into homeostasis. My body weight weight has zerod back in to my ideal bmi. I will take it for the rest of my life now. I’m going to be free from pharmaceuticals again one day soon!
Oh and I do dab my rso when I’m in a pinch. It doesn’t taste great cuz all the terps get stripped when extracting the cannabinoids from the whole plant. But it gets me lite.
I use 99% isopropyl alcohol to wash my bud twice then strain it in a muslin bag. Then I take that and strain it thru a coffee filter. Twice if I’m using shake. I cook the solvent off in a rice cooker, adding 3 drops of water at the final boil off to help scrub any residual off the cannabinoids. Idk if it really does that, but that’s what I was taught. I’m very methodical about when I finish it off. It’s always very solid now and has shape when I put it in my capsules. Absolutely no viscosity to it at all. Took a few times to zero things in but it’s the only way to take it affordably. Not many that really need it can do a 60 gram course and pay $40-60 gram at the dispensaries.
I hope this helps a few people out. I’ve finally sold my LDS parents on the medicinal value of cannabis and at least have them taking a full spectrum cbd tincture once a day. Baby steps.

5 Likes

Made some brownies with it a while ago by mixing it with coconut oil. 20:1 cbd:thc rso. Made them so strong that I felt like I was weightless all day after I ate a few… bonnnnnngggggggggg

5 Likes