What are your favorite strains to grow?

It depends on what you’re feeding, how you’re feeding, and the ppfd hitting your plant.

I feed Earth Juice, other organics, and tons of microbes. My method doesn’t rely on ec. In that pic you said I was overfeeding, she hadn’t been fed in weeks, BUT she has been experiencing some hot temps, as well as having some early issues because I was lazy. So, heat also causes clawing. My leaves aren’t as dark green as you say; if you have taken flash pics in the pitch black dark, you know what that does to your leaves.

I have found Fastbuds, Dutch Passion, and Big Buddha strains to my liking. Though, I have tried over 16 different auto strains from 12 different breeders.

I am only spreading knowledge, as well. I do know how to grow, but it’s different from you. That’s what’s great about growing good weed: there are many ways to do it. You can learn from me, too. Don’t take offense. I’m only spreading knowledge. :grinning:

7 Likes

Yes I agree about spreading good info.
Thats not heat stress. Heat stress usually causes the leaves to “canoe or taco” upwards not downwards. The leaves are dark green on the majority of the leaves and some of the top leaves have burnt tips. Again thats indicative of overfeeding. I still believe your soil and/or the earth juice you are feeding it is too much. Autos are sensitive. Most cant take same feedings as their photoperiod sisters.
So are you all organic like notill? If so I believe your mix is too hot. Maybe add less to whatever soil you make next. I know that fox farm ocean forest for sure is too hot for autos. Ive seen it many times.
When I grew autos I grew them in fabric pots with pure coco and used canna a and b. I rarely went over 1.4 EC and even then the leaves of my autos were very dark green but I kept them almost to the borderline of overfeeding, clawing, shiny leaves or burning tips.
I can tell you that growing autos was such a challenge that it made me a better grower. I dont hate autos but I just dont see all the extra hours of light (18/6) and work to get a product that I believed was subpar to photoperiods.
Heres my first auto I grew (the 350ish grams dry plant)

I was on the borderline of overfeeding because you can see some clawing on some leaves. The top colas were suffering from heat stress because you can see some leaves and sugar leaves canoeing or tacoing in that pic.

8 Likes

that looks damn good fore a first attemmpt, dude!

8 Likes

Heres an outdoor auto scrog I did in the summer. I had 100+ degree weather for a week and I knew I would not get a quality product (my bad). You can see in these pics that they are suffering from heat stress. I fed them chilled water to 62f water to try and keep them cool.

Those were 3 green cracks and one bludream matic. All the greencracks outperformed the bluedream in the far right upper corner of the scrog pic. The green crack pheno that I loved was the tallest plant in the scrog (upper left).

9 Likes

Oh my that is beautiful! Nice job!

6 Likes

Man those still look good to me ! How big we’re those scrogs ?

8 Likes

That white tray was a 4x4. I put each auto (4) on the corner of the tray, close to the walls. I built that screen about 8.5x8.5 or 8x8 cant remember. I was trying to grow monsters but they flowered a bit earlier than I liked.You can see two photoperiods in the back not flowering.

8 Likes

Ah ya man it can be hard to scrog an auto for that exact reason…that’s why I’ve never bothered . I usually just lst/ supercrop n a bowl shape for Max light pen. I grow in doors tho and I’d probably be growing more photos if I were outdoors :wink:

7 Likes

I guess everyone has different experiences because my 2 white widow autos LOVED the FFOF and they came out awesome.

10 Likes

Ya I only grow in ffof, cloth pots. I use Advanced Nutrients base nutrients with bud ignitor, big bud, and bud candy as well as rhino skin. I also don’t measure ec of ppm of my feeding . Since changing nutrients and have never had an issue with burning.

I do hear of people having a hard time with ffof…they usually blame the soils ph from the shop…thing is ,I’ve tested every single bag I’ve gotten and they all had runoff within the acceptable range…

I have noticed it’s mostly outdoor growers who seem to have an issue with ffof …maybe that has to do with it. I’ve also noticed people tend to way over feed them(especially autos ) and then blame the soil they are in :wink:

6 Likes

Btw your wws looks amazing. What sort of lighting do you rock @imSICKkid ?

5 Likes

I have only used FFOF also so far. I just think people have to educate themselves beforehand about the nutrient levels in the soil. Once you understand the nutrient level and the pH of it it’s a lot easier to grow in it. I haven’t had a problem with it yet. The only problem I had was pH swing during flower but that’s common in almost any medium. I just adjusted for it.

6 Likes

Thats exactly what I meant :slight_smile: most of the time it’s people not doing their research

Now I have seen people have legit issues with the ffof. mT3 from our other forum is having them now and j can’t , for the life of me, figure it out

The thing most people dotn realize is, since it’s a hot soil and autos already feed light , you don’t have to add that many nutrients per feeding…again this goes back to learning to read and talk to your plants :slight_smile:

But I kinda get that reaction since there are so many awesome options out there for medium .

6 Likes

There’s that occasional bad bag as I would call it LOL I hope he gets it worked out. I know he’s in good hands with you :wink:

4 Likes

And the same with you , missles :wink:

3 Likes

For this grow I ran 4 of the QB120 boards in series with the hlg 240h c2100

7 Likes

Yep that was my only “problem” per say. Was that in flower my PH wanted to stay on the low side of the soil range at 6.1 to 6.2, even though I was giving it 6.8 to 6.9 every feed.

5 Likes

That kinda makes sense since they drink more during flower that’s a pretty wild swing tho . Good think you were monitoring it so diligently ! If I do get a pH swing in ffof it’s usually less than that …but I don’t check run off any keep unless k notice the plant telling me

5 Likes

Yes mine was running very low like that at one point. I was going in high. Then I had another plant in late flower that ran on the high side and I had to go in low. As long as you know how to try to balance it out you can usually work with it

4 Likes

Yep, its definitely not rocket science lmao

5 Likes