What are your plans for the eclipse?

Anyone traveling to get a better view? I’m in Colorado so I won’t get a full eclipse but close enough for me to be happy with.
https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/

2 Likes

I’m on the Oregon Coast - not directly under the path, but not far off. I’m considering going surfing during it - that would be trippy.

1 Like

… I was going to sacrifice a virgin but I could not find one.

4 Likes

HUNKER DOWN, the energies are crazy.

1 Like

Sadly, being in Arizona means I’m pretty far from the total eclipse, so I’ll just have to settle for a partial one. I will be trying to look for the shadow snakes though.

3 Likes

Cool! Reminds me somehow of lightning balls and their (until recently) undocumented mysterious nature. I’m with cannabis buyer- hunker down and make a pinhole viewer for the eclipse or sell lemonade on the new parking lot formerly known as I-25.

3 Likes

Here is a link @Morganicconcentrates on how to make your own viewer: How to make a solar eclipse viewer - YouTube

1 Like
1 Like

Not sure if any of you are into space weather but this is a great resource for learning about how it interacts with the Earth and climate. He does a morning report every morning. Super cool stuff!
Www.suspicious0bservers.org

3 Likes

I am about 2 miles from from the center line and we will get totality. It is amazing how many people have traveled long distances to see it.

2 Likes

I didn’t bother to pick up eclipse glasses so I’ll probably just use my phone camera to watch it.

2 Likes

I didn’t pick up glasses either! So I just stood outside and randomly looked up every couple of minutes. My vision is just about recovered haha. The light change during the eclipse was pretty interesting to watch though!

2 Likes

I tried using my phone to look but it was too bright for the image to resolve. I did get a cool shot of the leaves acting as pinhole cameras though:

5 Likes

Someone did a similar photo with cannabis leaves:

2 Likes