What are your thoughts on cannabis stocks?

Do you invest in cannabis companies? Which companies do you expect to do well in the market? Is the market mature enough to bet your nest egg on cannabis? What are your thoughts on cannabis stocks? Are you a broker? How are you advising clients on cannabis investments? Are those of us who invest in cannabis stocks going to lose our shirts on these risky options…or are cannabis investors who get in early poised to make big gains? Let’s have a friendly chat about cannabis investing.

2 Likes

I’d love to invest in Cannabis. I’ve had some really good luck with investing in stocks…and (I have the IRS love letters to prove it).

For me this would be a natural progression in my investment portfolio. I would treat cannabis stock the way I do all stock. (Research, long and short term positions, EBITDA and so much more).

I think that there are many companies worth while. I’m reviewing options as we speak. With so many companies like Aurora for instance buying up smaller companies - I’d proceed cautiously before jumping into the good herbs.

Diversity is still my number one go to. Maybe Cannabis companies will be included in Mutual Funds - how cool would that be?

2 Likes

We have definitely seen some wild swings with cannabis heavy portfolios this year. In your research, are there any stocks that look especially promising?

1 Like

I like Aurora, MediPhram Labs, CannTrust Holidings and CuraLeaf - (at the moment) - (Short position vs long positions).

I can tell you for sure, I will buy two or three companies and hold it and forget it. (I bought stock in a popular dating site for $1 fourteen years ago) I still have it - it has split 4 times in 14 years. - I’m not in a hurry.

giphy%20(12)

2 Likes

I have held some of my blue chips for most of my life, waiting for splits… there’s something to be said for playing the waiting game, @digicole. Respect to your investment strategy

2 Likes

Aren’t they all one conglomerated holding company of several popular dating sites these days? I bet that was a good investment!

2 Likes

Could be - but as you say - I got in early! Your Blue Chips will pay off - they usually do!!

2 Likes

And that’s why I’m in for the long haul.

Do you think now is a good time to invest in cannabis companies like Aurora, (i.e. a business that seems hell-bent on acquisitions to control a massive piece of the market share), or smaller companies looking to grow (pun intended)?

2 Likes

Emphatic YES. I worked for search engine that was acquired by Yahoo (in the early 2000s) - my stock converted to Yahoo before Google became the dominate player they are. With the stock I already owned plus the new stock I bought over the next three years allowed me untold advantages - I likely would not have seen.

Same with Facebook - a co-worker told me I was a fool to buy it at $38 - it was topped out - (Yeah right!) - like I said - I’ve been lucky.

I have no problem being the first person at a party - or even a party that only has a few people.

3 Likes

More turmoil in canna-land: Cann-Trust faces another internal shakeup after several unlicensed growrooms were discovered in one of their Canadian facilities. Stocks are currently hovering just above $2 per share, an epic downfall for investors.

Can we expect to see similar issues from publicly traded cannabis companies? I mean, unlicensed grow rooms in a multi-million dollar facility?!? Really??? These jokers – ahem CEOs – are gambling with peoples’ investment money. Shameful. What do you think this means for the future of cannabis stocks?

2 Likes